Inbox Limit size

I realize you're suggesting for the core software but my Conversation Essentials add-on adds this feature (among several others).

Yes but the pricing i don't get. Is it 45 dollar per year?
$45 for the license, $20/year renewal. You can keep using it when your year of support runs up you just won't get access to the new versions until you renew (if you don't need the new features, in theory you wouldn't have to renew, same as XenForo itself).

For just one feature i think this is not for me.
That's fair, although it has a lot more than one feature but I appreciate you may not need those. Just figured I'd mention alternative options until it gets put in the core software (if it does)

I hope you can develop it to include a limit on inbox size. I would pay for that but not as much as the other addon with too much other stuff I'd be paying for (annually) but don't need/want.

When you say limit on inbox size, are you referring just to the maximum number of conversations a usergroup can have have?

Between the max started conversations, and Days since last message settings you can keep the number of conversations a user may have down to a minimum. I did consider adding a maximum number of conversations a user can have, but decided against that to allow Admins and moderators, and maybe other notable members to start a PC with a member that may have a limit set.

I did consider adding a maximum number of conversations a user can have, but decided against that to allow Admins and moderators, and maybe other notable members to start a PC with a member that may have a limit set.
Ah. I believe Conversation Essentials has a limit meaning maximum number of conversations, but admins override this (I think)

I will have to give your addon a trial as I son't want to be paying ¢20 a year for a tiny part of a bigger addon (which I'm sure is worth the money, just not for that one feature)

Ah. I believe Conversation Essentials has a limit meaning maximum number of conversations, but admins override this (I think)
That is correct.

I will have to give your addon a trial as I son't want to be paying ¢20 a year for a tiny part of a bigger addon (which I'm sure is worth the money, just not for that one feature)
I realise you're being polite and for the one feature my add-on is an expense. I just want to reiterate that the $20/year fee to renew support isn't mandatory though. If you don't need updates (which that feature is extremely unlikely to break OR be expanded upon as it's clear cut), you don't have to renew. Now if there is some kind of bug where it's not compatible with XenForo 1.x series all of the sudden and your license is up, I'm still a reasonable human, I'm going to fix it for everyone and it'd likely only be one line/section of code to change and I'll tell you what it is or give you the new version of that file. I accept you not wanting to buy a huge add-on for one feature, I just don't like the $20/year continuing to be mentioned because it really doesn't affect what you're wanting honestly.

If you don't need updates (which that feature is extremely unlikely to break OR be expanded upon as it's clear cut), you don't have to renew.
I do realise that, but it's more down to my tidy mind (OCD?) and my desire to keep everything up to date.

I believe you would honour what you say and keep old versions working and I promise I won't mention the money, but to be fair I did say I thought it was worth it if you want/need all the features.

I do actually prefer to pay for addons as I believe it's easier to get support , also if I get a free addon that I like I do actually donate. Not just when I buy but when I get good support so it isn't because I'm mean.

I doubt I'll be adding that option anytime soon (but you never know), as the limiting options I listed above works well for my site.

The problem with this is that if a user leaves conversations they started, the (now deleted) conversations still seem to count towards the total - so the user cannot override the limit by leaving conversations.

Top Bottom