In Kier we trust....

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Well, I made the choice today.

After fighting with vbulletin on making my new style for over a week now and still not being satisfied with it, nor satisfied with *list trimmed way too long* that vbulletin provides I am going to take the plunge and launch my new site on XF.

This will be my second industry wide forum launch, the first forum is highly successful, build on vb3 then upgraded to vb4. This one I was going to go with vb4 from the offset due to the ammount of custom mods I could transfer over.

Now, I have chosen to go with XF, and, I hope due to the volatile nature of the industry this forum is launching into that it is the right one. It will litterally be, all or nothing.

Unfortunately it means the couple of hundred bucks I just dropped on another vb licience is useless, but lets hope its for the best.

Someone reassure me

Please

i-ll-just-pretend-to-hug-you-pon-and-zi-azuzephre-cartoons-295761_370_467.webp

Im just hoping 3rd party "essential" addons follow soon.

iTrader
Paid Stickies (i will prolly have to get this custom ported over)
Advertiser subscriptions ect...

It is hard to reassure you as I'm not sure of your needs, so I will say this: if XenForo meets your current needs, then you will be very pleased with the software. You can create you own unique style literally in minutes, without template or CSS edits. The templating system is quite powerful and flexible.

XenForo is designed around a UI that is uncluttered and easy for your members to learn and use. The software is coded using the Model View Controller concept of Object Orientated Programming, therefore Modders will love how quickly and efficiently they can create addons (once they learn the XenForo model).

XenForo is the forum software of the future, and it is here today, :)

Paid stickies, that's a nice sounding feature.

Its a massive hit on our forums, we use it in the classifieds so people can get more views on their items. It also changes the thread title color to something more eye-catching. (all automated ofc)

I have had people wanting to buy it off me, but the offers they made were laughable given the time spent coding it and the profits it does make. At any point you can see maybe 10-15 stickies paid for.

It is hard to reassure you as I'm not sure of your needs, so I will say this: if XenForo meets your current needs, then you will be very pleased with the software. You can create you own unique style literally in minutes, without template or CSS edits. The templating system is quite powerful and flexible.

XenForo is designed around a UI that is uncluttered and easy for your members to learn and use. The software is coded using the Model View Controller concept of Object Orientated Programming, therefore Modders will love how quickly and efficiently they can create addons (once they learn the XenForo model).

XenForo is the forum software of the future, and it is here today, :)

Im hoping so! And to be honest vb4 was such a joke I have lost faith in vb.

Top Bottom