Fixed In a moment vs A moment ago - what's the difference and how it occurs?

Andro

Affected version
XF 2.1.x
Regular occurence:

dILzu5l.jpg

Surprising occurence:

T75aezo.jpg

What is the difference between two and why A moment ago comes more often than In a moment.

I was said:
"In a moment" phrase is applied within the first 60 seconds and then it changes to "A moment ago".

But it wasn't so which i mentioned today. I was referred to a bug report for its assured debugging.

It's part of relative timestamps. If the timestamp is in the future by less than 60 seconds, you'll see "In a moment". If the timestamp is in the past by less than 60 seconds (or is the current timestamp), or if it's within the next 2 seconds, you'll see "A moment ago".

Not sure why you're seeing "in a moment" there - the timestamp for that might be slightly bugged, or some kind of issue on your side.

I've noticed this here on XenForo.com when logged out. For instance, my member tooltip says I was last seen 'In 2 minutes'. Perhaps this is a trade-off for guest page caching (new in XF2.1).

xenforo-2-1-tooltip-last-seen-in-2-minutes.gif

It also happens on reactions list. Yes, mostly occurs while you browse as a guest with guest page caching enabled.

Screenshot_20190914-120256_Chrome.jpg

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.5).

Change log:
Workaround for displaying future relative timestamps in pages output from the guest page cache.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom