XF 2.2 Impossible to transfer from localhost to server.

Crosswind

First of all, good morning to all and thank you for this amazing program. I'm a really - new - and happy customer. Two small notes aside before going further : (1) english is not my mother tongue, so please forgive me for any mistakes I will necessarily do :), and (2) programming is either not my core business.

So. I installed the Xenforo on my computer, private localhost, after having followed Brogan's tutorial. Everything ran perfectly (XAMPP) and I started to configure quickly. In parallel I installed a fresh unmodified XF version on the server I will use in the future (domain one). And again, everything ran perfectly and secured (forum closed, private_html passworded).

Since I still need at least a couple of months to achieve my goal, I checked if the transfer process from my computer to my domain server would work the day I needed it. But then verything ran wrong and I got a damn white page saying "HTTP ERROR 500" . I told you, I'm a noob on IT.

What did I do? Well, quite a lot now but, basically, I first transfered via FileZilla all the contents of my c://xampp/htdocs/xf towards the public_html folder of my server (server emptied). Second move, I did export via XAMPP (admin) the local host database, somewhere on my local SSD (I let the name xf.sql). Third and lastly, I tried to backup this xf.sql database via Cpanel (both with the backup integrated tool and with myadminPHP).

On this basis, I tried several other "fine tuning" in order to find out what could be wrong. So I tried different database names, starting from scratch again, etc... Nothing helps. Last note, depending if I have or not a previous database installed (like domain_xf or domain_forum) I get an error saying "Erreur : The system failed to execute the database script with the following errors: ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 30: Table 'xf_addon' already exists"

Now I need a little help, I'm afraid...

Thanks a lot in advance !

Solution
Not a good morning, but afternoon for me, English is not my native language, too, and programming is neither my core business. )

did you modify your /src/config.php on a remote server ($config['db']['username'], $config['db']['password'], $config['db']['dbname'])?
Not a good morning, but afternoon for me, English is not my native language, too, and programming is neither my core business. )

did you modify your /src/config.php on a remote server ($config['db']['username'], $config['db']['password'], $config['db']['dbname'])?

Solution

I did not. I'll have a look right now...

Thanks for your reply !

Top Bottom