XF 1.4 Importing Question

tylerbr

I was reading the importing tutorial that @Brogan wrote here- https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/ and although it does look pretty straightforward, I just wanted to confirm this part-

Once installed, configure the software as required; whether that be importing a style or creating your own, installing any add-ons, setting the options in the ACP, configuring permissions, etc.

So if I'm understanding that correctly; I can install xenforo in another directory, then create a new style, and install any of the add-ons I want to use before I import my forum?

Obviously I don't create any posts, add nodes, etc., but in order for me to set up the forum how I want it, I am going to need to create a super admin account, and log in to make these changes. What happens to this admin account once I import my current software to xenforo?

Thank you. Since I would be user #1 in both my current software as well as the new xen forum I install; and let's say I have 10,000 members-would the xen admin become member 10,001 when importing? Also,when the import was complete, which one would have the super admin status?

You can rename the super admin to match your existing forum, or set the email address the same, and you will be prompted to merge the accounts.

Not recommended if you are retaining IDs and your user ID on the forum to be imported isn't 1.

LOL, ok so now I'm confused. If the new xen admin becomes user #1, what happens to my current softwares's #1 (me- with all of my posts, join date, etc. ) What user # does my current username become?

You can rename the super admin to match your existing forum, or set the email address the same, and you will be prompted to merge the accounts.

Not recommended if you are retaining IDs and your user ID on the forum to be imported isn't 1.
Ah, I didn't see this post before my last reply. My user ID on my current forum is #1, so since they are both the same, merging accounts would be the best way to go then?

Top Bottom