XF 2.0 Importing likes from phpBB addon

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of converting a rather large board, and one of the requirements was that we kept the likes from our previous board. I have managed to import the likes from phpBB to Xenforo successfully. However, the likes are not appearing on the posts at the bottom, it appears that I need to find a way to update like_users in the posts table manually, if I like a post that has other likes then the likes rebuild and appear as I expect them to.

I was wondering if anyone has done anything similar or would be able to give me some guidance.

This is for Xenforo 2.x

Thanks,
Jack

I have the same problem, how do I import the likes at all?

You managed at least to "export" the likes, how did you do that?
And did you manage to import the likes to XenForo until now?

I have the same problem, how do I import the likes at all?

You managed at least to "export" the likes, how did you do that?
And did you manage to import the likes to XenForo until now?

Exporting the likes is different per likes software that you used, all you do is just select the data into the likes table from your current one. In the end I had to update from phpBB 3.0 to Xenforo 1.x and then upgrade to Xenforo 2.0, the reason is there was a script that I'll try and find a link to that allowed me to rebuild the likes in Xenforo 1 but not in 2.

I use the older version 3.0.7 from this "thanks for post" extension - https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2423931
Which extension did you use in phpBB?

Yeah that is kinda normal i guess in some IT systems, the importer is kinda already made for XenForo 1 so developing it again for XenForo 2 is more effort then just making a importer for XF1 to XF2 upgrade.

If you find the link for rebuilding that would be nice of course!

Ok table name ist 'phpbb_thanks' , these are the columns title.

post_id
poster_id
forum_id
topic_id
user_id
thanks_time

Can someone help me to import/parse them in to XenForo?
Maybe someone wants to write a plugin, and put it for 5-10 bucks out i am sure there will be enough people who would buy that.

This could be even implemented in to XenForo official importer in my opinion, since there are only 2 thanks extension for phpBB, which use the same Database logic, because one is a fork of the other one. Technically there is only 1 like extension.

Last edited:
Ok and the table for XenForo is "xf_liked_content" , and these are the columns.

like_id
content_type
content_id
like_user_id
like_date
content_user_id

I am not sure but i guess those columns just need to be copied in to the equivalent column.

like_id = randomcounter
content_type = everytime 'post"
content_id = post_id
like_user_id = user_id
like_date = thanks_time
content_user_id = poster_id

Last edited:
@Chris D Could you maybe help out with a little .sql script? ( I hope and guess this should be minutes of work)
This is the last thing to fully migrate from phpBB to XenForo o_O

I can not edit my post here a additional info for post #6 from the coder.

Палыч said:
In this table (three fields) stores all information
SQL:
CREATE TABLE phpbb_thanks (

post_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',

poster_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',

user_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY (post_id , user_id));

post_id - post id
poster_id - author by post
user_id - author THANKS
If THANKS removed - removed record