1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Importing IP.Blogs to XenForo

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by nrep, Jun 10, 2014.

1. nrep

nrep Well-Known Member

Is there any way I can get IP.Blogs imported into Xenforo? I've got some member data that I can't lose, but it's proving problematic to get moved over.

Ideally, I'd like to have the blog name as a thread title, then all of the entries posted as replies (with the correct date). That would be the easiest way of doing it that I can see, but I'm not aware of a way to do this.

Has anyone attempted it before? I've got around 60 blog entries to import, so not a huge number.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you are using a third party blog add-on then it may be worth asking the developer if there is a way to do that.
  3. nrep

nrep Well-Known Member

I'm not using a 3rd party blog addon at the moment, I'd ideally like to import the old blog entries as threads :).

I'm hoping someone may know of a workaround or intermediary steps that I can perform to get it converted straight to threads/posts.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It will require a custom importer to do that.