XF 1.1 Importing from vBulletin 4.2 to XenForo

PET

Hello guys,

The time has come to do the import. The down side is that at the same time I have to do a server move so I'm trying to save my time and do everything right, since the server is in USA and it's a bit slow.

Right now I have a SQL file with my old vBulletin Database and that's about it. It's on a folder on the server. I was planning on using BigDump.php to import the file into the database but...

When XenForo is doing the import, does he make the import from Old Database to > New Database or he is doing the import from a File (that I already have and it's already backed up twice).

Because if he can do it from the file, I woun't have to wait long hours for the bigdump.

What's the normal process from doing the import.

1. Install XenForo on a Database
2. Install this 4.2 Importer

Then what?

Forum has:
Threads 42,042 Posts 430,388 Members 35,749
and is also using vBSEO. No file modifications or custom plugins that need to be imported. I don't even care about Blogs, etc. I hope that the blogs woun't even be inported or profile comments (lots and lots of spam)

EDIT: Seems I managed to resume XenForo Uploading. In the mean time want to hear my vB5 story?

Well my client got vB5 since in beta. Waited months for it come out. It finally did without any message or so. The official forum just showed 5.0.0. I waited 1 more month for more bug fixes and I tought, ok let's do it. I did it first in the beta on my localhost and found like 15 bugs.

Everything is upgrading okish... I start to add my logo, some banners... there are no useful plugins then I find a bug. Basically my banners module, the one that I spent 1+ hours to edit, insert code, insert banner gif, all that thing... GONE. If I go to edit that page again... I can't see the modules. If I want to save the page like it was ... I could not because I got an error message "You can not save a page without a main module" something like that. Ah, not only that the banners were out, the MAIN FORUM CATEGORIES were missing. I basically only had Header - missing - Footer :)

Like... WHY THE F didn't you gave me that error BEFORE deleting everything?

I found 3 more other annoying bugs and I decided to post on their forums. No replay for 1 day. They just told me that I should have posted into "this forum" and then they closed the topic. That's all. I didn't posted on that official support forum because my username was not added to their database. I did added myself when I found that I can't create a topic but it took like 6+ hours before their cron job did the job.

So even after 1+ day I didn't got an answer to my problems. My thread got closed and that was it. This is the topic I did.

Then I thought, let's get a refund. It was a long shot but I said let's try it. My client bought vB5 BETA in September 2012. It was April 2013. They told me that "You have downloaded the software on October 2012. No refund can be given on software that has been downloaded since the software can not be returned".

SERIOUSLY? I rember back in 2002 when I had a pirated version of vBulletin 2 (I was a kid) there was a script that checked if you had a pirate version. I even remember receiving an email like that once. So why can't they do this now? If they see me use vB5 (which I will NEVER will) sent me one of those anti-piracy mails. I will be fine.

So... God bless corporations :)

- Installed XenForo succesfully into a new database.
- It seems that my old vBulletin database is already imported even that bigdump failed. It stopped @ about 50%. I still let him run for 20-30 mins before closing the page. I checked the database and it is 1gb just like the file. So... everything is right?
- Installed the vB4 importer & Cofigured him succesfully. Right now I'm importing users. 4.92%

Wish me luck.

Ok everything seems to be fine. Right now I'm rebuilding caches. There was a problem on the Forum Home if I clicked on a thread directly I got a broken link. If I went to forum category then to that thread it was ok. This might be fixed in the Cache Rebuilding?

Ok what to do next? I used vBSEO in the past. Things that I found were a bit confusing.

Ok everything seems to be fine. Right now I'm rebuilding caches. There was a problem on the Forum Home if I clicked on a thread directly I got a broken link. If I went to forum category then to that thread it was ok. This might be fixed in the Cache Rebuilding?

The last post info is rebuilt at the end of the import, yes.

Ok what to do next? I used vBSEO in the past. Things that I found were a bit confusing.

After the import? You probably want to setup redirects.

http://tools.geekpoint.net/xfseo/

Hmm.... yea. it seems my redirects don't work :(

I uploaded my own XML even that I use the Source: 001. I wanted to be sure.

Thread PagingRewriteRule [^/]+/([\d]+)-.+-([\d]+).htmlshowthread.php?t=$1&page=$2 [NC,L]
ThreadRewriteRule [^/]+/([\d]+)-.+.html showthread.php?t=$1 [NC,L]
Forum PagingUnsupported url format.
ForumUnsupported url format.

So I tried to copy a link and paste it into my new server (which I access by IP and not by domain, ofc I deleted the old domain and only let the thread) and I get a :
The requested page could not be found.

------------------
I downloaded Version 6 from here : http://xenforo.com/community/threads/redirection-scripts-for-vbulletin-3-x.5030/

And I placed them in the root. I havn't configured it since everything is default with XenForo Instalation & vB Forum was also in the root.

Any suggestions?

Also this is how my links look now:

index.php?members/sqmonitor-com.27003/
index.php?forums/hyip-discussion.7/

How can i get rid of that index.php?

THI WAS FIXED. Other problems remain :D

This is my .htaccess file:

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule [^/]+/([\d]+)-.+-([\d]+).html showthread.php?t=$1&page=$2 [NC,L]
   RewriteRule [^/]+/([\d]+)-.+.html showthread.php?t=$1 [NC,L]

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

It is placed in the root where the 301config.php & the other "vb" files are.

I also have another problem :( I have 702 posts in MODERATION. I tried to go one by one ... I selected about 50 and when I cliked "Update Moderator Queue" I got Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

So I can't get rid of the queue. I actually want to DENY/DELETE everything.

I also have another problem :( I have 702 posts in MODERATION. I tried to go one by one ... I selected about 50 and when I cliked "Update Moderator Queue" I got Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

So I can't get rid of the queue. I actually want to DENY/DELETE everything.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/approve-all-moderated-posts-queries.373/

or

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/soft-delete-all-moderated-posts-queries.371/

Top Bottom