XF 1.2 Importing External Data

Bionic Rooster

Please excuse if I'm not wording this right but this is what I want to do.
I have one site set up. And I want to import additional tables, members, messages etc from another xf site, combining the 2 sites.
Will this work and would I retain the imported content ID's without buggering up what's already there?
So in effect the members, categories, nodes and posts, will be added onto what's already there?

My ultimate goal is to use Xencentral Multisite System to integrate/consolidate multiple forums.

You can import from another forum but retaining IDs won't be possible if there is existing content in the forum you are importing into.

You can import from another forum but retaining IDs won't be possible if there is existing content in the forum you are importing into.
Yes there is existing content from the main forum. So what happens when the ID's aren't retained? Do the members association, connection to posts they've made get lost? Will members from the imported forum be appended to the existing members table?

All imported content will be given new IDs, sequentially from the latest ID in the existing forum.

The pre-sales FAQ in my signature shows what is imported.

Top Bottom