XF 2.0 Importer Clarification

AndrewSimm

First, yes I know only upgrade is available for XF2, but I need to understand the correct way, so I set myself up for success in the future.

I've read the guide below, and have a few questions
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/

I plan on setting up a forum and installing all my add-ons that I've currently written. Likely before I go live I will write some more or download some. Over the next 4 months I plan on doing a lot of testing with my mods in some select users. Because we will be tweaking settings over this time, it would be difficult to take a clean snapshot and go and edit on a different database. I would need to consistently switch back and make those changes on the clean database. Second, I as user 1 would already exist, so not sure how do I get imported from my current database?

It's not clear what you're asking.

However, a 'final' import can only be done once and into an empty/clean XF installation.

2 questions

1) From my understand a user has to be created with XF, so how is that user handled?

2) After I have what I want installed and go through testing, how can I save XF options and MOD options (changes from default) and import them into a clear version that will be used as my base.

User ID 1 is a special case and is handled by the importer.

After I have what I want installed and go through testing, how can I save XF options and MOD options (changes from default) and import them into a clear version that will be used as my base.

It sounds like you want to set up a forum, create users and test posts then 'reset' it.
That's not possible.

The thread you linked to in your opening post explains the steps - anything else would require some form of custom development/add-on or manual manipulation of the database (which we wouldn't recommend).

User ID 1 is a special case and is handled by the importer.

It sounds like you want to set up a forum, create users and test posts then 'reset' it.
That's not possible.

The thread you linked to in your opening post explains the steps - anything else would require some form of custom development/add-on or manual manipulation of the database (which we wouldn't recommend).

Can I export the option settings from "Settings -> Options", after setting them up as I want?

Top Bottom