XF 1.5 Imported vB and vBGallery. What's next step?

amagab

Hello, I'm very happy to be migrating to xenForo. Just need a little bit of guidance before it's final.

I've been running vB and vBGallery on ADomain.
I installed xenForo on BDomain to test out.
I have now finished importing vB and vBGallery from ADomain to BDomain and it works fine. I'm very pleased with how it came out.

These are things I need/want to do:

1) Since ADomain is the "real" domain, I want to move the xenForo website from BDomain to ADomain. Should I just move the old vB install to a temp directory, and then move the xenForo install to the root directory of ADomain?
2) I want to setup redirectors. When I do so, does it matter where the old vB files are located?

Please advice! Thank you!

1) Since ADomain is the "real" domain, I want to move the xenForo website from BDomain to ADomain. Should I just move the old vB install to a temp directory, and then move the xenForo install to the root directory of ADomain?
Yes, that's correct.

2) I want to setup redirectors. When I do so, does it matter where the old vB files are located?
No, but the redirection script files need to be placed in the directory within which the vBulletin files with the corresponding names would be located.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/redirection-scripts-for-vbulletin-3-x.264/

Thank you for your prompt response. One more question:

I did two imports....first ran the import for vB and then again for vBGallery.

Which archive import log table do I use with the redirector?

When setting up the XFMG import you enter the name of the import log from the core VB -> XF import.

Once you completed the VB import you should have been prompted to create an archived_import_log table.
You enter the name you specified for that step.

Brogan, I hope you can assist me again. I really don't understand the redirect and I dearly need it.

My vB was installed on Xdomain.com
After migrating to xenforo, I moved vB to Xdomain.com/oldforum
My xenforo is now on Xdomain.com
Where do I place the redirect files?

So when they say "would be located", that is where vB was before I moved the files? Where my xenforo currently resides?

[Edit] Nevermind. I got it. Redirect is working for the forum links now. However, not the Gallery.

Last edited:
Top Bottom