Imported board - read only

pleenc30

Hello all, forgive for wading straight in with a question.
I kinda got lumbered with a xenforo board and after purchasing a new license, i seem to have imported the old database into a vanilla board, and i would like to make it accessible to the user - but in read only mode.
I wont go in to the reasons why, but in short i would like it to carry on as a legacy board and read only is the old users log in, access PM's and the like but just cant post or edit or reply.

Is this possible please or would it require permission changes throughout the board on each section ?

Also is there a way to purge posts / thread from certain section that are say over 180 days old (bit like you can with phpbb easily)

Thanks all

If you require support, please associate your user name with your license which will then enable you to post in the correct customer forum.

Edit: I can see you have now associated your account so I have moved the thread and unlocked it.

Last edited:
in short i would like it to carry on as a legacy board and read only is the old users log in, access PM's and the like but just cant post or edit or reply.
Assuming the user groups and permissions have been set up correctly, you can set the various permissions in the Registered user group to "Never".

So for example, 'Post new thread' and 'Post replies', 'Start personal conversations', etc.
Just do that for each function/permission you no longer want members to have.

I get you, thanks again
Just to add a bit more meat on the bones, the old board was 1.3 and was a converted from ipboard, as such the DB was - well massive frankly.
i purchased a new board yesterday (1.4) and built from scratch a basic board, then imported the mounted mySQL db using the wizard (which worked very well i have to add)
but now left with all the content which is great, but users / groups and permissions are a bit all over the place.
as such i may just flatten all the permissions down to read only and delete the sections that are done with.

Cheers Brogan, i will scour that now. thanks for the help.

Is there a pointer about archiving old posts or pruning / purging ? there are loads of posts years old in a for sale section clearly no longer relevent, if they could be cleaned up in bulk and the DB could be compacted a bit then
thanks again

Top Bottom