Important Questions

adidan

Hello,

I am looking forward to move my vBulletin 4.2.1 Forum to Xenforo. I would like to know if Xenforo is having options or mods to complete the following mentioned things.

P.S.: I am not a coding or designing guy so I can't do the modification myself.

1. User Badges: I am using Custom User Badges according to the User Groups. So does Xenforo is having support for this? (I want to use Images my own made)

2. Username Color: Does Xenforo supports custom color for the username everywhere in the forum like showthread, forumhome, sidebar and etc.

3. CDN Support (MaxCDN): Does Xenforo supports CDN for Images, CSS, JS and other things for reducing the load and latency. Also supports minification of CSS and JS?

4. Signature: Allows user to have signature, links in sig, images in sig according to their user groups and post counts.

5. Special Moderation: Features like VB4 is having like post counts moderation and much more.

6. Additional.css or Custom.css: There is any additional.css or custom.css type of place where we can add custom css codes without altering the default css of the theme we are going to use? (Just like WordPress and vBulletin is having).

7. WordPress Integration: Does Xenforo supports WordPress Integration in easy manner, single sign in, singal sign up and much more?

8. SEO: Does it supports SEO Friendly URLs like <domain.com/thread/post title.html>?

9: Updating Process: Unlike vB. Does Xenforo support one click update?

10. Regular Updated: What is the frequency of updates?

11. Thanks Hide: Does xenforo supports Thanks button and hide function. Means till user won't click the thanks button he or she won't be able to see the content inside the [hide] tags.

12. Mobile Responsive: Is xenforo is mobile responsive?

13. Move from vB: How can I move vB to xenforo without loosing any data?

I will be very thankful if some official or highly exp. member can answer. I don't want to find easy solution using pirated script that's why I am asking here few questions before spending money.

Thanks

1. There is an add-on by @Nights that works essentially the same way.
  2. Yes.
  3. I'm not sure.
  4. Yes.
  5. I'm not sure what you're asking.
  6. Yes, it is called EXTRA.css.
  7. I believe so, yes.
  8. Yes.
  9. I do not know.
  10. Whenever they become available.
  11. Pretty sure you'll need an add-on.
  12. Yes.
  13. By using the importer.

1. There is an add-on by @Nights that works essentially the same way.
  2. Yes.
  3. I'm not sure.
  4. Yes.
  5. I'm not sure what you're asking.
  6. Yes, it is called EXTRA.css.
  7. I believe so, yes.
  8. Yes.
  9. I do not know.
  10. Whenever they become available.
  11. Pretty sure you'll need an add-on.
  12. Yes.
  13. By using the importer.

Thanks for the detailed answer. Well, I have further questions based upon your answers.

1. I tried watching his Add-on but it says "You do not have permission to view the full content of this resource.". How can I access?

2. Where is EXTRA.css I am using Xenforo demo for testing how xenforo works so where I can check Extra.css?

3. Where I can find the add-on for the Thanks HIDE or Like HIDE?

4. Xenforo uses Postbit_legacy, How can I use Postbit?
iS9GAzd.png

5. Userbadge I can display like this using image?
ipHurm4.png

6. Online Dot: Which shows if user is online or offline?
Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:
@adidan: you need to make sure you've linked your forum account with your XenForo license(s) via the customer area.

WOW! Xenforo supports tag system <3 Well, I am not a customer right now. I am right asking the questions if Xenforo supports or not.

Thanks for the detailed answer. Well, I have further questions based upon your answers.

QUESTIONS PENDING BELOW!

2. Where is EXTRA.css I am using Xenforo demo for testing how xenforo works so where I can check Extra.css?

3. Where I can find the add-on for the Thanks HIDE or Like HIDE?

iS9GAzd.png

ipHurm4.png

Thanks a lot :)

1. you can achieve this by using an add-on, there are several add-ons that can give you this functionality
2. this is built into XenForo's core
3. there is a MaxCDN add-on available here
4. this is built into XenForo's core
5. there's a lot of moderation based permissions in XenForo and there's even more coming in XenForo 1.3, take a look here
6. as @Amaury said, there's EXTRA.css
7. there's several add-ons to achieve WordPress integration
8. XenForo is very SEO friendly, take a look at the following threads: Semantic HTML and HTML 5 Microdata in Breadcrumb
9. no, XenForo doesn't support 1-click updating (it may in the future, who knows?)
10. you can expect to see a minor release every 2-3 months or so, check the announcements forum
11. XenForo's core has 'Likes' support, which is similar to the post thank you hack(s)
12. XenForo is mobile responsive
13. for questions about importing, take a look here

1. you can achieve this by using an add-on, there are several add-ons that can give you this functionality.
2. this is built into XenForo's core
3. there is a MaxCDN add-on available here
4. this is built into XenForo's core
5. there's a lot of moderation based permissions in XenForo and there's even more coming in XenForo 1.3, take a look here
6. as @Amaury said, there's EXTRA.css
7. there's several add-ons to achieve WordPress integration
8. XenForo is very SEO friendly, take a look at the following threads: Semantic HTML and HTML 5 Microdata in Breadcrumb
9. no, XenForo doesn't support 1-click updating (it may in the future, who knows?)
10. you can expect to see a minor release every 2-3 months or so, check the announcements forum
11. XenForo's core has 'Likes' support, which is similar to the post thank you hack(s)
12. XenForo is mobile responsive
13. for questions about importing, take a look here

Well, I want answer for these:

3. How can I hide Text using [hide]

iS9GAzd.png

ipHurm4.png

3. there are add-ons to provide the [HIDE] BBCode, however in XenForo 1.3 (coming soon), you'll be able to do this within XenForo's core
5 and 6. there are several add-ons/template edits to achieve the 'online dot' and user badges.

1. I tried watching his Add-on but it says "You do not have permission to view the full content of this resource.". How can I access?

I appreciate that you're looking into using my add-on. Once you become a member you will be able to view the resource. It's actually similar to my Personal User Badges modification over on vb, only it's a lot simpler to add. I'd be more than happy to assist you with not only my add-on but moving your forum. I just recently moved a small forum to XenForo from vB. If you have any questions you can either reply here or shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you when I can (kind of busy with college currently but starting week is usually the worst part).

For the most part moving to XenForo from vB is fairly easy and you keep a lot of the info from your site. About the only thing you can't keep/transfer is user groups unless you're on an earlier version of vB. There is a pretty good groups add-on by Waindigo you can find here.

Again if you have any more questions I'd be happy to help you out ^^

Can I note that my addon is probably a better fit if you need to use multiple criterion for deciding whether it gets listed, but if you are just looking for usergroup-based criteria, then XenForo's core functionality User Group Banner may be a better choice.

CDN support is (kind of) available - XenForo's directory structure and options makes it easy to use one.

You can use Waindigo's Install and Update to achieve one-click update.

Top Bottom