XF 1.2 Import XF to XF

ibaker

I have taken over another XF site and want to merge it into my existing site...can anyone advise if this can be done and how?...thanks

Thanks Dakis...any idea on what happens to users that are members of both sites?

XenForo does not permit the same name or email address to be used for more than one user, so you will be required to confirm what to do in the case of any affected users. The options available are to merge them or rename and change the email address.

Quoted from the following guide: https://xenforo.com/help/importing/

The import went extremely well and very clean. There were some users that used the same user name but different email addresses so in the import I had to place a prefix before the user name until I could check out if they were the same person. Now I need to merge some of those users together after the import as they have advised that they are one and the same but used different email addresses on each of the sites.

Any suggestions on how I could do this?...I can't seem to find and addon that offers a user merge function

User merge is default in xenforo, you just go to the users' profile and there's an option there to merge that user with someone else :p

Edit: the option is located under the "actions" button on the top right ;)

User merge is default in xenforo, you just go to the users' profile and there's an option there to merge that user with someone else :p

Edit: the option is located under the "actions" button on the top right ;)
Thanks Mate...the only problem with Less is more ideal is when you try to find something

I tried merging my pre-existing Modern Warfare 2 Forum into my CODForums.... And those who were on both sites and different usernames?

The old one is merged into the current existing member ID in the destination site.

So in other words: iBaker (old site) > RecreationalFlying (new site). Nothing else is touched.

The problem is that you may have a user named Fred on both sites. If they have the same email address then no problems, but if they have different email addresses they may or may not be the same person so you have to keep them as separate users and then later consult both the Fred users to see if they are the same person and if they are, merge the two Freds together or if not ask if either one wants to change their user name

The problem is that you may have a user named Fred on both sites. If they have the same email address then no problems, but if they have different email addresses they may or may not be the same person so you have to keep them as separate users and then later consult both the Fred users to see if they are the same person and if they are, merge the two Freds together or if not ask if either one wants to change their user name
But that's what I meant.

I had the same user but the user used a different username with the same e-mail address.

So, that old username? Will be merged into the destination username, so this Fred duplicate is no longer the problem.

Top Bottom