XF 1.1 Import Style Error

Gene Steinberg

I've a powerful dedicated server, with 24GB of RAM, MySQl 5.1.56, PHP 5.3.8, latest Apache, APC 3.1.9, etc., etc.

I had no problems customizing the Default style, making an alternative, and importing both into two additional forums.

Now I found this one, iXen Style, from XenFans, and, when trying to import, it gives an "Internal Server Error." I've posted a query there, but wonder if any of you here have a thought as to what might generate this and how to fix. Or is the style defective somehow?

I may not bother if it's not compatible with 1.1. I tried importing another style, and, other than some bogus "demo" text, it came through just fine. I'll let them update this one first.

I happened to be logged into your server looking at your redirects, so I took the opportunity to look at your access logs. I found the error:

Code:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [02/Dec/2011:16:06:24 -0700] "POST /forum/admin.php?styles/import HTTP/1.1" 500 545 "http://www.theparacast.com/forum/admin.php?styles/import" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_3) AppleWebKit/534.53.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.3 Safari/534.53.1"

It doesn't tell us much.

I looked over your forum. Permissions look good. You might try disabling your APC cache in the library/config.php file. I see you have a lot of addons installed, so you should try temporarily disabling those to see if they are causing the problem.

I also see that you are using suhosin (hardened PHP) which can cause problems, so I suggest rebuilding PHP without suhosin. If this is a dedicated server and you have root access then you can rebuild PHP using WHM.

Jake, I really appreciate your help in making the redirect work with our main forum at http://www.theparacast.com/forum, and I look forward to your ongoing help in resolving the same issues with my two other forums.

Meantime, I did discover this item in the XF help documentation that explains those constant login requests when you use the APC acceleration software:

If you wish to read and write XenForo sessions to the cache, add the following line to your library/config.php file:
$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;
Note that your cache must have enough space to hold the sessions, or users may not be able to login properly. We do not recommend writing sessions to the cache if you are using APC as your cache back-end.

But I'm still seeing "Internal Server Error" messages when trying to import this style, and only this style, so far.

Yeah, that's why I had to disable session caching in your config file.

I just got your emails about the other forums. They got flagged as spam :p. I will do those tonight.

I am out of ideas regarding the internal server error.

Top Bottom