Import question

Shanj

I've only ever run forums from an original install, and don't know much about how an import works.

What happens to the original VB forum - is it still there?

What I'd like is to be able to access it myself, and my mods, but freeze it to new input.
Plus close it off to all other members.
Then I can copy over bits of info like Profile data or pics that don't transfer with the import.

Import process doesn't modify vBulletin database so you can still access your vBulletin installation. You may setup permissions there the way that nobody can post anything.

Import process doesn't modify vBulletin database so you can still access your vBulletin installation. You may setup permissions there the way that nobody can post anything.

OK yes I thought it doesn't affect the database behind it all.
So I can login as before to the VB
installation

- but surely if I am in the VB admin and I change the usergroups of members so that they can't read post or access that will change the database so they won't be able to do those things in XF as well?
I mean I thought an import uses the same database.

I want to block them accessing the VB but have the same stuff as before working on XF.

No, it uses different databases. It just reads information from vBulletin db and writes it to XenForo's. So you can do everything with your vBulletin board after import and it won't affect your XenForo.

No, it uses different databases. It just reads information from vBulletin db and writes it to XenForo's. So you can do everything with your vBulletin board after import and it won't affect your XenForo.

oh THANK YOU I didnt know it uses a different database. That helps a lot.
Thank you again for your kind help.

Top Bottom