XF 1.5 Import question

CarpCharacin

I have a question regarding importing. If 2 vb installations are imported into 1 xenforo installation and retain content IDs are checked on both imports, will it delete the threads that have the same content IDs and merge the nodes that have the same IDs?

So lets say there is a site that has 2 installations of vbulletin. One is the active one and the other one contains archived threads that were pruned off of the main forum. The archive category has a good number of duplicate threads that are on the main category and the node structure is the same. Could both of the installations be imported int a single XF installation and have the duplicate threads (that have the same content IDs) deleted at the same time?

Lets say all of the duplicate threads have the same content IDs and there were thousands of them. I read that if the importer is set to retain content IDs, it will delete content that has the same ID.

How could that be done? I am asking this question for a friend.

I don't know I was just making what may or may not be a helpful suggestion.

I don't use vBulletin. But I'm just saying that as it can't be done while, importing into xenforo, maybe it is something you can do by merging while still in vbulletin format, ie import one into the other. But your friend should probably ask on the vbulletin forum.

Top Bottom