XF 1.4 Import legacy subscriptions from [bd] Forum Watch

Hey all,

Is there any issues with importing the xf_forum_watch data from a legacy [bd] Forum Watch table into the xf_forum_watch table in 1.4?

I see that there is some data alignment issues I'll need to address - such as "notify on" (I plan on setting all to "thread"), but other than that are there any table dependencies or gotchas I may be missing in doing so?

I have a number of folks who were subscribed to things pre-upgrade that are wondering where there email notifications have gone.... If I can avoid a "go resubscribe to everything you want" email I'd like to.

Thanks

You will need to post in the add-on thread for any support related to it.

Depending on the XF version you are at, there are specific steps which need to be taken when upgrading.

Ok Brogan. I will post there and see if anyone has any info regarding the dependencies of data on the xf_forum_watch table.

I did follow the steps doing the upgrade. Basically the instruction was disable the plugin, and then delete the table. The table with all the subscription data in it that I'm wondering about importing into the now-included subscription table with a similar data structure.

I followed the instructions and upgraded successfully. I am looking at a backup of the data from the old third part plugin and am trying to ascertain if there's a way to migrate it to Xenforo core subscriptions.

Thanks!

I am looking at a backup of the data from the old third part plugin and am trying to ascertain if there's a way to migrate it to Xenforo core subscriptions.
That would definitely be a question for the add-on author.
There isn't anything in XF which would import content from a third party add-on.

Ok. Let me approach this from another angle. Forget about the third part add-on for a moment.

Can I insert data into the native xf_forum_watch table manually without fear of breaking some data or foreign key issue on another table? Assuming I insert valid data for that specific table of course.

Any data manually inserted into the database would have to be exactly as expected and it would also need to correlate with any other tables which are related.

Top Bottom