Import from vB3.8... forum names are truncated

aculate

So i did my first import (from vB3.8) and everything went very smooth, except for a few glitches and some questions that i will be posting as i go along with my testing...

Here's something i've noticed:
On some forums, the import title is truncated to 50 characters. When the forum name is larger than 50 characters, it only imports the first 50 characters...

How do i bypass that limit?

It's unusual to have forum names longer than 50 characters. Which import script are you using? You are going to have to either alter the database field length afterwards and then edit the forum names to fix them, or alter the import script to create longer fields during the import process.

It's unusual to have forum names longer than 50 characters. Which import script are you using? You are going to have to either alter the database field length afterwards and then edit the forum names to fix them, or alter the import script to create longer fields during the import process.

im using the default import that comes with xenforo. Im importing from vBulletin 3.8

There is no option to change the forum title length in the ACP?

You could rename the forum in Admincp, but you would get an error that you have exceeded the 50 char limit.

You would actually need to extend the field length in your sql database using phpmyadmin. See this thread for details:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/forum-title-character-length-help.36251/

After changing the definition of xf_node.title in the database, then you can edit the node name in Admincp to add the missing characters to the forum name.

You could rename the forum in Admincp, but you would get an error that you have exceeded the 50 char limit.

You would actually need to extend the field length in your sql database using phpadmin. See this thread for details:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/forum-title-character-length-help.36251/

After changing the definition of xf_node.title in the database, then you can edit the node name in Admincp to add the missing characters to the forum name.

ok, got it! This issue happens for 2 forums out of 9 forums, and in both cases there's only a 4 character length issue. So, i think i'll go with renaming the 2 forums instead of messing up with the structure of the db...
Thanks again for the help!

Top Bottom