Resource icon

Import avatar from URL 1.0.1

No permission to download
I tried this and installed correctly.

I also have the Avatar Gallery resource installed. Nothing showed up. The avatar window to change the avatar didn't pop up.

I disabled the avatar gallery. It still didn't pop up. I uninstalled this resource and re-installed it. Nothing.

I changed my style from UI.X to the default XF style. Nothing.

I'm not sure what is wrong, but this didn't work for me. Using the default XF style (no template mods) and with the avatar gallery resource disabled, it doesn't work.

It attempts to load the avatar change page/popup, but never does.

Any thoughts on the issue? What else can I do to get this to work? Great idea, but it's just not working for me.

Let's face it, some people don't know how to download a picture/avatar then upload it.

It won't. I tried to import a 1.2MB image on a user that had 250kB avatar size limit, but it imported the image without throwing out error message.

And for some reason, when you upload image manually, it will also ignore maximum avatar size.

EDIT: Wait, it seems like maximum avatar size permission is being applied to the post-processed image. In that case I need to check the post-processed image just to be sure.

EDIT2: Sigh.. Never mind. It seems like all of the post-processed avatars on my forums are never bigger than 100kB.

Last edited:
It won't. I tried to import a 1.2MB image on a user that had 250kB avatar size limit, but it imported the image without throwing out error message.

And for some reason, when you upload image manually, it will also ignore maximum avatar size.

EDIT: Wait, it seems like maximum avatar size permission is being applied to the post-processed image. In that case I need to check the post-processed image just to be sure.

EDIT2: Sigh.. Never mind. It seems like all of the post-processed avatars on my forums are never bigger than 100kB.
So it is work??

Question, please:

will this Addon save the "photo" on my server or will it remain a proxy-image ?

Top Bottom