XF 2.1 impersonate member / user

TechBill

I did search and found an addon to impersonate a user but only as a user making a post. We need to be able to impersonate a user to see what they are seeing when logged in as them to check their settings or layout. On our old forum, super administrators would see a button on user's profile box. When administrator click on that button it would log administrator in as the user they are impersonating without having to enter username and password and a new box would float on the upper right corner with a button to return to own account again.

This feature would allow us to help user troubleshoot with their settings or preference set up. Does Xenforo have such feature or is there an addon for it?

Thank you

There is this addon:

However, the author has retired. He apparently made arrangements for someone else to continue his addons but I don't know if that has happened or whether it fell through.

There is this addon:

However, the author has retired. He apparently made arrangements for someone else to continue his addons but I don't know if that has happened or whether it fell through.

Thank you! It's what we needed. We have lots of senior citizens using our forums and sometime they mess up their preference setting so it easier for the administrator to go in to fix it for them.

I was able to still download the addon so the author seems still to be maintaining it at his site.

There is still an addon

But I would recommend trying Analyse User first.

Top Bottom