XF 1.1 Images

OverHere

1. Please see the uploaded image. In the shown site when you click on 'Forums' a drop-down menu appears showing a list of all categories and forums. But, both on this site and on the xF demo site, this doesn't happen - you only see 'Mark Forum Read' & 'Search Forums' etc. - in demo site admin I can't see any option to achieve this drop-down list of all categories & forums - how to?

2. Also in the attached photo you see an extra tab 'Spy' - where and how to add such extra tabs in the header etc., and the relevant data, in site admin?

Thank you.

Attachments

• DL.webp
    DL.webp
    83.9 KB · Views: 24
Yes, i see, but can you direct me to where i can get the mod which makes the drop-down forum list shown?

And, are you sayying that to add extra tabs basically all such tabs can only be added via the integration of a relevant add-on/mod? Right?

You will need to speak to the owner of that site to see if they are willing to release the add-on which does that.

If you want to manually add links to the navigation bar, you can edit the navigation template.

You will need to speak to the owner of that site to see if they are willing to release the add-on which does that.

If you want to manually add links to the navigation bar, you can edit the navigation template.

That drop-down list of categories and forums etc. is a pretty useful mod - perhaps ou should release one of your own.

1. Please see the attached file 'prefix'. a) Next to some of the threads you see the prefix 1.1'. Now, I''ve read what a prefix is but, in this case, what does '1.1' specificallly refer to?

b) Next to this thread, in the photo, it says 'Replies -' & 'Views -' as well as 'N/A' - why is this so when clear there are post & replies in this thread?
DL.webpprefix.webp
2. In the attached file 'DL', in Members Online Now, some member names are appearing in Dark Green who are that site's Premium members, and some member names are appearing in Light Green who are normal, non-premium members. I want to set up like this in my own site which has yet to be installed.

But, in your Demo, I have been able to add a colour to usernames in certain groups, like 'Admin' appearing in red in Staff Online Now, but, how do I achieve the same effect in Members Online Now as in the example shown? Please guide...

Thanks.

Good luck. DigitalPoint keeps 95% of his addons close to his chest and you probably have no chance of being his busom buddy anytime soon. The best you can do is fawn over it and druel or ask someone else to create what he did. Sucks right. I know. I want that mod-drag-n-drop addon (or used to, since ragtek's multi-moderation tools kinda does the same thing).

Good luck. DigitalPoint keeps 95% of his addons close to his chest and you probably have no chance of being his busom buddy anytime soon. The best you can do is fawn over it and druel or ask someone else to create what he did. Sucks right. I know. I want that mod-drag-n-drop addon (or used to, since ragtek's multi-moderation tools kinda does the same thing).

Greetings, thank you. So, am I correct to assume that what I illustrate in no. 2 in my last message is not something that is doable in xF site admin? And, Do you mean that this is something which custom made by DL only and is not a readily available mod?

(I await xF to officially respond to both no. 1 & 2 in my last message).

Regards.

1. Please see the attached file 'prefix'. a) Next to some of the threads you see the prefix 1.1'. Now, I''ve read what a prefix is but, in this case, what does '1.1' specificallly refer to?

b) Next to this thread, in the photo, it says 'Replies -' & 'Views -' as well as 'N/A' - why is this so when clear there are post & replies in this thread?
View attachment 42053View attachment 42054
2. In the attached file 'DL', in Members Online Now, some member names are appearing in Dark Green who are that site's Premium members, and some member names are appearing in Light Green who are normal, non-premium members. I want to set up like this in my own site which has yet to be installed.

But, in your Demo, I have been able to add a colour to usernames in certain groups, like 'Admin' appearing in red in Staff Online Now, but, how do I achieve the same effect in Members Online Now as in the example shown? Please guide...

Thanks.

Re no. 2, I have found the answer - it's at http://xenforo.com/community/threads/usergroup-markup.5506/ - this is not something that is an exclusive custom mod by or for DL.

I await official xF clarification to no. 1 above.

Thanks.

dl-jpg.42053
Wow, everything looks pretty gross on old versions of IE. lol

It's a little more complicated than that. :) The stuff I do it primarily for my site (of course), and in many cases stuff has dependencies on other addons/frameworks and simply can't be spun out into something totally independent without making sacrifices about how well the stuff functions on my site. For example the drop-down menu thing requires a ton of template edits, makes the assumption that memcache is being used, and in reality, it's *actually* part of the drag and drop threads thing (because we needed a menu to drop stuff on to... the fact that we decided to let users use it as a navigation tool was an afterthought). The JavaScript required for it is wound into one large JS system we use for our site (I wasn't willing to have extra HTTP requests for every addon that needed to do something with JavaScript), etc. It also assumes you even HAVE a warning for posting a thread in the wrong section.

So it just starts becoming a ton of work making all these options to disable/enable parts of stuff, it makes my site work not as well because you are adding HTTP requests, inline JS code, etc.

Some stuff is just easier to wrap up into an addon than other stuff unfortunately... :)

Is their 'Quick Navigation' built into xF? Or, can you direct me to such a mod?

Thank you - could you please tell me where I can find the mod discussed at http://xenforo.com/community/threads/alternate-sidebar-members-online-now.9535/ (loads avatars for online members rather than the default text link)
The mod link is not shown in this link and that thread is closed.
I think that mod is just code you need to add yourself.
Nothing to download.

would this work ?
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sidebar-block-members-online-auto-refesh.1517/

Top Bottom