XF 2.1 Image upload problems (since migrating to new VPS)

Donske

I have waited to post here until I have exhausted all my abilities and tech support with Host Provider. I have been struggling with this now for almost 2 weeks. I had a Professional Shared Hosting plan and no problems with image uploads. I had all my settings tweeked. max_post_size and max_upload_size set to 20M and 18M (one value has to be a little more). The Height and Width was set to 1400 x 1400. Everything fine for almost 2 years.

Then I needed to upgrade as I was running out of space quickly so I used the same Hosting company and upgraded to a Super VPS. The Hosting Company migrated it all for me.
Since the migration:
1) I have two cameras sitting on my desk. My Canon Rebel T3i SLR will upload a 7 or 8 meg image perfectly. The other camera is a Canon SX740 HS will NOT upload anything ! Xenforo states that "the uploaded image is too big."

2) now I go to a site that I can download various file size images. I chose a 5Mb. The attachment will not even work for that:
SampleJPGImage_5mbmb.jpg "The uploaded image is too big."

ok, so I edited my php file and increased the values to like 50M and 45M respectively and STILL get the same result.
I also left "blank" the Height and Width fields in the attachment options. Still will not even upload same file.
I go back to my Canon SLR and bam - uploads and ready to be inserted !!!

What in the world is going on. I beg for help here as I have wrestled with this problem and about to give up. The only thing that I can do is to make a backup folder on my server and install a fresh 2.1.x Xenforo and see maybe the migration corrupted something.

Same with all of my other users. Some can upload using a camera, but not a tablet. Some can upload using a tablet but not their PC.... driving me crazy as I can not find a pattern at all.

I have even CHMOD my data and internal data directories. I also, included in the attachment file types JPG, JPEG (all caps)

Yes, Image magik is installed as I can view the phpinfo.php AND the Image Magik CHECK mark is checked.

So, now about going back and forth with hosting support, they do not have an answer for me. One more bothersome thing is that I no longer get notifications either. None of my emails are working, nor forwarding in my server.

All I can say is "Please help me" . I have written so many support tickets to my hosting company, I am worn out trying to figure this out.

Don

Andy,
this is fantastic !!! I can now upload 10Meg image file from my Canon SX 740 HS (which has been problematic !!!
Thank you so much.
Donnie
Ships of Scale
ps. Now if I can figure out my email problem. Since the migration, I am not gettiing any notifications and some members say some notifs they are getting is very delayed.

Top Bottom