XF 2.2 Image Proxy

alexm

Hi,

I noticed a problem with the image proxy today on XF 2.2.8. Some images that are marked with a cross actually do have images next to it and if I find one in my log it loads fine, but the post just has a red X.

1639329041751.webp

1639329477532.webp

It says it hasn't been accessed since Tuesday despite me trying to access it now and it refuses to load a fresh image despite me selecting 1 day. I tried to delete the log down to a single day as well but it has only deleted up to Monday and one on Sept 13th.

1639330682407.webp

1639330549343.webp

Is there a way I can totally wipe the proxy (database tables and files) and start again? Or otherwise fix whatever it is that is wrong.

thanks,

Alex

I did have it set as:

Image cache lifetime: 5 days
Image cache refresh: 0 days
Image cache max size: 5120 KB

When I tried to delete the log I had:

Image cache lifetime: 1 days
Image cache refresh: 0 and 1 days
Image cache max size: 5120 KB

I ran the hourly cleanup to run the log delete.

1 of these images as an example, still is preset and won't update either:

1639407090778.webp

I have the same issue on my own site and I've never been able to resolve it.

It seems that once a proxy image fails for whatever reason, there is no way to force a refresh of it, even though the option descriptions suggest it should happen automatically when the image is requested again , e.g. by viewing the post.

I'm having the same issue. The image shows broken but when you edit the post it will show. Then it will be broken again after saving the edit.

The editor doesn't use the proxy which is why it shows.

I don't have a solution - I can't get failed images to be refetched and show.

The editor doesn't use the proxy which is why it shows.

I don't have a solution - I can't get failed images to be refetched and show.
I have hundreds of broken images. Not sure if it was due to upgrading to 2.2.8. I got a few messages asking if I changed anything as members are noticing their images are broken and the only thing was the upgrade the other day was to 2.2.8. Hopefully it will get sorted and it can be fixed.

Last edited:
can't get failed images to be refetched and show.
And it can't be deleted either!

It's like the routine that reads posts recognises the saved image, but the routine that resizes log/re-fetches image etc. sometimes doesn't. And it's fine up until a point, then it no longer recongises it has it in the database.

I wonder if this has something to do with it. The issue started after updating to 2.2.8.

Yes, it is caused by this change.

Hopefully this can be patched soon.

Top Bottom