XF 1.3 Image proxy: How to handle signature ticker images?

CTXMedia

I've just enabled the image proxy on CycleChat and within minutes have 350 items and growing, but I've noticed that quite a lot of the cached images are our members' cycling log tickers - which show how much mileage they've travelled this year so far.

upload_2014-3-17_23-10-7.webp

I've set caching to last 182 days so does this mean people's ticker images now won't update/move/show any mileage progress for 182 days?

I'm assuming so (and I'll have to disable it if this is the case) - but just thought I'd ask in case there are any finer controls that are not present in the ACP settings?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

There are two specific settings for Image Proxy.
I'm browsing in my mobile so can't check it.

I think #1 is How many days to store the images on your server. #2, How many days to fetch again from original source.

Sure, thanks, but the tickers will still be cached (I assume) and I don't want to re-cache every image on a narrow timeframe just to update the tickers more regularly.

I was thinking more along the lines of excluding the domains that the tickers reside on so that they are not stored in the local proxy cache?

I suggest to disable the proxy if you want to serve live, scripted foreign images at your server.
I know, people like those images, but they are also a possible severe security risk.

I suggest to disable the proxy if you want to serve live, scripted foreign images at your server.
I know, people like those images, but they are also a possible severe security risk.

Ordinarily I would agree, but in our case it is negated quite a bit; one is from a domain I own (which is served from the same server ;)) the other two are from reputable sources who we have a good relationship with. All others are disallowed and removed on sight. (y)

Top Bottom