XF 2.0 Image Attachments

Hi, I like the way that the database does not store the attachments, its stores them in a separate folder and thus my XF database that backs up daily is 750mb, where the old VB4 was 9GB.

My question is, I opened up the file limit to allow for HD images from smartphone cameras to be uploaded and subsequently, I now have loads of 5mb image data files stored.

Is there any way I can open and edit these or is there a plugin or setting I can enable to downsample them to a max width, say 1000px on the fly?

Files already uploaded would have to be reuploaded at a smaller size.

For new files, you can specify the Maximum attachment image dimensions in Attachments in the ACP. This will then automatically resize large photo filesizes down to something much smaller depending on your setting (e.g. 1024 x 1024).

Ta, ill give it a go.

Can you tell me, the .data files stored in internal_data/attachments/folder# are these the actual files that the posts displays or are they the upload full res version and could be deleted?

Ta, ill give it a go.

Can you tell me, the .data files stored in internal_data/attachments/folder# are these the actual files that the posts displays or are they the upload full res version and could be deleted?

I don't know if it can be done that way. When I sorted files on my site I did it by using the attachment browser in the ACP to find the large files and the posts they were in, downloaded and resized the images and then re-uploaded them to the posts. Fortunately I didn't have many to deal with.

*Edit* Ninja'd by Brogan

Top Bottom