Im under attack...

usAdultAds

I am so popular...

17,000 visitors in less then 24hours...

and site is still online...

my 3 forum members are still here...

someone really hates me...

ROFL....

Doesn't sound like a lot of traffic but the only metric you've given is I'm guessing unique visitors. You say less than 24 hours. So about how much less. If 17K hits occurred over 12 hours that would be an average of 24 per minute. Which is absolutely nothing.

My usual benchmark for configuring a low end vps for Xenforo (5 dollar a month digital ocean, linode, vultr) is 250 users per second at 1000 requests per second. At that exact rate you could rack up 17k visitors in... Is my math right 68 seconds?

Doesn't sound like a lot of traffic but the only metric you've given is I'm guessing unique visitors. You say less than 24 hours. So about how much less. If 17K hits occurred over 12 hours that would be an average of 24 per minute. Which is absolutely nothing.

My usual benchmark for configuring a low end vps for Xenforo (5 dollar a month digital ocean, linode, vultr) is 250 users per second at 1000 requests per second. At that exact rate you could rack up 17k visitors in... Is my math right 68 seconds?

It is a new forum, so I am not on a vps which would have handled this without question.
It did slow down the site, and did time out the site here and there...

I am not used to these things, it maybe nothing to you...
however, I should not be getting 17k visitors, so it was obvisouly
an attack, or in your case, an attack not worth taking a cough drop, ROFL...

Or maybe you just being hit by spiders, i would check ip's to see if the likes of Baidu is hitting your site, google can also hit sites hard also so signing up to google webmaster tools might be a good idea as you can tell google how much to spider your site. Also set up the robots.txt to control unwanted spiders.

Top Bottom