I'm trying to figure out if the nascent ads setup is best

NetDoc

I tried to upgrade to 2 last year, but health got in the way. Since then, I understand that ads have become integral to XF. Is this better/comparable/worse than Siropu's ad manager? Will it support skyscraper ads? Will it give stats to my advertisers? Is there a youtube or guide to setting it up?

Is this better/comparable/worse than Siropu's ad manager?
It's just placements with an ON/OFF switch. Siropu's Ad Manager offers much more features like direct purchase, direct upload, more ad placement options, impression/click tracking, and I think even a notice for people using ad blockers. The list goes on as you can see here.
Will it give stats to my advertisers?
No.
Will it support skyscraper ads?
I don't see why it wouldn't.
Is there a youtube or guide to setting it up?
It's pretty straightforward: Admin Panel -> Setup -> Advertising -> Add Advertisement -> Fill out information, choose position, add in the HTML code and set display criteria. You'll need to upload the banner via FTP/etc and use HTML to display a banner link ad.

I don't see why it wouldn't.

It's pretty straightforward: Admin Panel -> Setup -> Advertising -> Add Advertisement -> Fill out information, choose position, add in the HTML code and set display criteria. You'll need to upload the banner via FTP/etc and use HTML to display a banner link ad.
re: skyscraper ads...

If you want them in the sidebar, you'll need to create an HTML widget with the ad code to do that but that's fairly straightforward.

OK, I'm in the add manager and have just added a skyscraper ad (I think) and I get this

1631040558902.webp

I click on save and this comes up...

1631040615968.webp

Cool. Progress. Where do I find the template or widget? Is this something I create and put with all the other style sheet stuff? I'm slow, so type sl;owly. I'm trying to figure all this out and I'm feel;ing a bit overwhelmed.

@Miyaru @Siropu

You should post in the add-on thread for assistance with it.

The author and other users of the add-on can provide help there.

As an update, we finished our crossover to xF 2.2 about ten days ago and are usign Siropu's Ad manager. The ads look great, but I've experienced a HUGE decrease in my Adsense, though I feel that I've I'm earning a bit less than half of what I was getting. We have the same amount of ads on the forum, and my forum traffic is pretty steady. Any ideas on how to improve this at all?

Top Bottom