I'm so happy - Thankyou Xenforo

DigNap15

Hello
My forum went live two weeks ago and I went slowly as I was trying to learn it.
I got 15 members in 2 weeks of which 5 were active.
Then today after some good luck it went crazy and I now have 150 members and 73 in my guests!
I have been full time today welcoming people and talking about my forum.
I am now worried if my hosting plan can handle it!
Everyone likes my site, coming from an old self made site with very few features.
Thanks Xenforo and all the developers, and those who have helped me.

Last edited:
I just took a look. Online: "Total: 88 (members: 40, guests: 48)"

VERY impressive for you not even having a central theme a week ago. Congrats!

Its now nearly 250 members, land about 30 guests luckily its slowed down a bit, but it still steady.
Im getting worried about my bandwith and my hosting plan.
So thats annother thing to learn and find out about.

Reactions: eL_
Be thankful that you have that to worry about!

So many forums never even get started, never mind a great start after such a short time.

Yesterday, they were joining at the rate of about 30 an hour.
Xenforo never missed a beat, and nor did my web hoster (Siteground)
Just a few email registration problems, that seem to have been mainly their fault with incorrect email adresses

I was planning to self-fund my site, as its a personal dream or passion of mine.
But if it gets as big as my members are saying it will, I might need to get some donations or some advertising to go to the next level.

Its now nearly 250 members, land about 30 guests luckily its slowed down a bit, but it still steady.
Im getting worried about my bandwith and my hosting plan.
So thats annother thing to learn and find out about.
Would like to see your site. What is it?

Am I allowed to put a link here?
Its very plain and boring.
But I do plan to jazz it up a little, but I want to keep it business like, not gamey etc. (no disrespect to gamers)
My site is referenced as a signature below each of my posts. To set one up, click on your name in the upper right, click on Signature, then embed a link (two links of chain).

I like your site. The Home button takes you back to your original site which is actually good to see for comparison. How did you make your logo? How many people were on your original site?

Last edited:
here is a link to my Forum.

I need to do a lot of tidying up, eg the Logo was just thrown on on the first day I went live. I'm not into graphics.
Clicking on Home takes you to my website, which is hand-coded by me (rank amatuer). Years ago I did a site in XTML, now there is HTML5 and CSS Grid, whcih is much better.
It was all thrown together quickly, as I wanted to meet a New Zealand politcial deadline.

Thanks for the remarks about the contrast.
Yes it does make quite a statement.
Most webistes nowadays are white and grey.

Last edited:
My site is referenced as a signature below each of my posts. To set one up, click on your name in the upper right, click on Signature, then embed a link (two links of chain).

Joe, Your site is obviosuly a very niche market.
Hope you get some more members.

Last edited:
Joe, Your site is obviosuly a very niche market.
Hope you get some more members.
Thanks . Noticed three guests in there yesterday checking it out. Yes, very much a small niche. It's a service forum to help others do what I am doing at work: translating computer programs from one specific programming language to another. I love the work and it always helps to explain what I'm doing to another. Tends to increase clarity.

Reactions: eL_
Btw, I'm a member on a hobby forum, which is where I heard about xf, and their section on politics is huge even though it's off topic. Good luck. Will you open it up to advertising? I wouldn't mind doing some eventually in order to cover the costs which are about $250 US per year.

Thats a tricky question.
I originally started my site for a personal policitical reason.
I thought it woud get get a few members and grow slowly.
I am an older guy on a pension now so I could handle a small plan.
But with the closure of two other sites politcal sections (due to costs or fear of censorship etc) I am getting lots of users.
Now they want me to add Cooking, and Travel and Movies!
I'm not sure if I want to do that. But I've got to keep the members comning back
So I think I will need a bigger plan.
If I went for advertising I would not know how much I will make, and it could upset people, and make it harder on mobiles.
I could also ask for donatons - I think here is a XF feature or add-on for that.
But then again I don't want to sound as if I'm begging.

Last edited:
Top Bottom