I'm now a Quad Chopper/Drone owner

Carla Birch

So after much thinking and looking around, i give in and got myself a Quad Chopper to take aerial photos and video with of my area and places i go to, not had my first flight yet as post did not come to it was almost dark already and had to charge everything up and that.

drone.webp

Anyone else here got a drone and got any handy tips of getting good shoots?

I thought about getting one.. but it's just one more thing our wonderful government has taken control over.. they require you to license any over .55lbs (takeoff weight).
$5 for registration.. guess that covers all the administrative costs (not).

Don't know what drone you have but mine basically flies itself and can hover in a spot just fine, had my first flight this morning with it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It Looks amazing! But why there's no sound? :(

Don't know what drone you have but mine basically flies itself and can hover in a spot just fine, had my first flight this morning with it.

Nice! That looks so stable!
The laws are so strict here, not worth it.

Yeah, well, I'd be lucky flying one in my town... There's a BAE not far from my house, which is classed as restricted airspace, not to mention the bridge nearby as well...

Lots and lots of laws here.

Also, I doubt I'd be able to fly it without crashing it.

Nice, Looks like she flies steady. ( DJI Phantom 2 Vision ?) EDIT: Ok well I guess the models look that much alike...oops

I looked into getting one before but there is an airport, a highway and a military base right next to me so there is little to no point.

Last edited:
So after much thinking and looking around, i give in and got myself a Quad Chopper to take aerial photos and video with of my area and places i go to, not had my first flight yet as post did not come to it was almost dark already and had to charge everything up and that.

View attachment 129411

How much does one of theses go for ?

Lowest I've seen for that particular model is $999.
Yep the Pro model is $999 (£949) But you can get the Advanced model for $799 (£699) and the only diff is the Pro as a 4k camera, where Adv is 2.7k camera. Cheapest is the standard at $499 (£449) and that still as 2.7k camera but lacks the same range and tech that helps it be more stable and that.

Nice, Looks like she flies steady. ( DJI Phantom 2 Vision ?) EDIT: Ok well I guess the models look that much alike...oops

I looked into getting one before but there is an airport, a highway and a military base right next to me so there is little to no point.
I was shocked how stable and steady it was to be true, had seen a lot of videos and you think that maybe its just them flying have been doing it for ages, but really it is that stable, you can let go of controls and it will just hover in the spot. Can also take off by itself and can land self and if you lose contact it returns home and lands itself.

First time drone user too got my 1st back in Dec 2015 - it's bloody awesome fun and glad I got a cheap mini one + spare blades as I've crashed it enough times to have broken a blade already and mini ones have faster charging times, so while fly time is low ~5min for me, it takes less than 20min to charge and fly again. It's a Cheerson CX-10C Mini RC Quadcopter

Last edited:
Incredibly stable footage, wow!! I also thought it would take a really experienced operator to get such great footage, very interesting to see that it is more the device than operator!

They are starting to use footage from these a lot here in up market real estate ads, I would imagine it still actually would take a lot of skill to fly one through someones house! :D

Some of them like mine have ground sensors on them what helps keep them stable inside where you are unlikely to get an gps lock.

Might take the guards off mine soon that i got and fitted, as they show up in videos when flying faster.

That mini drone is cute, its like to big drones crashed and had babys :p

Top Bottom