Not a bug I'm getting MySQL query error [1205] and CPU useage to the max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Affected version
v2.0.12
Hello,

I have a forum and it's all be going swimmingly. I've had an issue when trying to use the SpamCleaner (or any other action) with a specific user. They have asked for their messages to be deleted, when I try to use the SpamCleaner, I get :
MySQL query error [1205], full details are :

• XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1205]: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
  • src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:212
  • Generated by: ****
  • Sep 7, 2019 at 6:21 PM
Stack trace

UPDATE xf_post SET message_state = ? WHERE post_id = 1734299
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1205, 'HY000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(77): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1205, 'HY000')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(79): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(244): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('UPDATE `xf_pos...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1414): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update('xf_post', Array, 'post_id = 173...')
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1141): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#6 src/XF/Entity/Post.php(750): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#7 src/XF/Service/Post/Deleter.php(81): XF\Entity\Post->softDelete('', Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\User))
#8 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php(256): XF\Service\Post\Deleter->delete('soft', '')
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Pub\Controller\Post->actionDelete(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Post', 'Delete', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Post), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#12 src/XF/App.php(1934): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(333): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}

When this happens, the CPU usage goes up to +90%, the forum breaks and no one can post, reply to anything.

I have accessed Glances and it says that /usr/sbin/mysqld is using up the CPU. I kill it, but it doesn't help...I have to end up restoring the site.

Please can someone help? Thank you.

If you require support you will need to associate your forum account with your customer account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom