I'm done using Xenforo for any services... So many scammers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Xyphien if you need $20, I will give it to you, shame to tell me that I'm a scammer, I never scam someone, most of my add-ons that I have, I got them for life, you should wait for me to be online before posting that... I could tell you all what I said in here in private, tell you that logo is on Google, probably the place from where you got it...
If you're happy, I can take it off...

You mean you can find a place on Google to pay for a license to use the image, right? Right? 😒

You can find it on google for free @Kevin
Guys... I don`t have nothing to lose or get benefits from this... if you all are happy... I will take it off :)

You can find it on google for free
simon cowell facepalm GIF

You can find it on google for free @Kevin
Guys... I don`t have nothing to lose or get benefits from this... if you all are happy... I will take it off :)
@Kevin means that there are websites that sell the rights to use their images. So you'll have to sign up to FreePik.com and buy their premium plan for 10 euros/month to access their library of images. Some are available for free use but you have to credit the author in exchange.

The dog is a premium resource, so you have to pay 10 euros per month for the rights to download and use any image found on FreePik.com.

Edit: €10 is just download access. If you pay, you can use whatever you download forever.

M@rc I understand now, thank you. So If I will write a post on my forum, saying that dog shape logo is from FreePik.com, as a credit for them... everyone will be happy? (BTW, like you see you can get it from google search without any restriction).

M@rc I understand now, thank you. So If I will write a post on my forum, saying that dog shape logo is from FreePik.com, as a credit for them... everyone will be happy? (BTW, like you see you can get it from google search without any restriction).
You can find my logo on Google as well... I only had it custom made :).

He pays for a plan for assets that he then uses to make logos for people; if you were expecting a 100% custom logo for $30, good luck, you won't even find that on Fiverr.

If you were unhappy with the agreement, you should have told him that and not used the logo, regardless of you being able to Google it or not. He should have been more clear about the service he offers, as saying that you do "logos" is misleading when you have extreme limitations in what you can offer.

@Slavik I ask for a logo, The truth is that I didn`t have time to be online so much.... we deal for $30, I pay $10... he come out with a demo... and I ask if he can add a cat same like the dog, and the tails to be in heart shape, with the writing to be straight one line... he said that he can`t do that... I told him to keep that $10, and I will do it myself in Canva webpage.
Like you see... what I did, is not the same what he gave me... and that dog, you can easy get it from google.View attachment 259089
My opinion, just pay the money. It is a very small amount to damage your reputation over.

I'm now, officially 2 for 2 with using xenforo. First was @CypherForums which has a huge scandals going on right now. Hundred + down the drain with that. The next was something I honestly wasn't expecting, to have my work stolen. Long story short @Marian-Sebastian asked me for a logo for their new website. I did, they said they didn't want the text how it is and also to have the background removed. I asked them what type of font they were looking for and assured them the background and watermark would be removed upon the end sale. They said "Mate, keep that $10... I will make mine myself. Thank you." I then went to the website, and load and behold, what do I find??? My logo, poorly cut out on their website!
Left is my logo, the right is the logo on their website.
View attachment 259024

View attachment 259025

Funniest thing of all... the logo price is only $30, and they had a $10 down payment. The literally plagiarized and stole my logo to save $20!

I'm aware that services like this are at your own expense, and not monitored by Xf staff by any means. However, it's baffling that I've managed to get scammed twice in a row! Either I have bad luck, or there's just a lot of sketchy people here and I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. I'm honestly done using xf for any stuff like this, and for those who still do, please be careful. It's tough out here.
Freelancer is good for stuff like this. Run a contest and pick your favorite. Money is held until work is received.

At the same time paying $30 just to add curved text under an licensed image already paid, it's a bit expensive.
That being said it does not excuse the way of doing of @Marian-Sebastian
My company has a contract with a large asset company which I pay monthly for. Some logos I change coloring, mix and match a few logos or add/remove a few things which is why I state it's a Semi-Custom logo and why I only charge $30 for it. This one happened to fit exactly what their original request was so I chose that. I have licensing to hundreds of thousands of assets and as such I've settled on $30 being a fair price for a logo to be used for commercial use with all the licensing that comes with it. Regardless of the fact, they still stole logo and acted as if there was nothing wrong with ripping something off of either me or even google for that matter. It's also crazy that it took publicly bringing this up for them to remove it.

(BTW, like you see you can get it from google search without any restriction).

Yes you can , however if you pay attention there is a small paragraph saying about copyright :) . What I did for all my vectors, I paid monthly subscription to freepik and downloaded whatever I needed with license, just in case to avoid any hassle In the future.

Reactions: eL_
Looks like no one understand that... I CLICK THE PICK AND I DOWNLOAD IT, nobody, no page ask me to pay for downloading that pic.
I don't say that Xyphien don't pay for those assets to use them... but that particular dog shape logo, you can have it for free on Google if you find it!
My page is still in testing, that dog shape logo... with what I add and make a "so-called" logo, was on my page for 12 hours... It's not there any more. @Xyphien, and contacting my hosting provider.... what for? For a pic that I download it from Google?

Looks like no one understand that... I CLICK THE PICK AND I DOWNLOAD IT, nobody, no page ask me to pay for downloading that pic.
Well I totally understand that. But that reasoning could apply to most images (or any content) on the internet - whether a site or a Google search, you click and can download:

Screenshot 2021-10-23 at 12.05.30.png

That doesn't mean for example you automatically get permission to use the xenforo logo.

(Just saying..I'm not taking any sides in this...)

To metaphor a little: you arrive at a fruit and vegetable market and you take an apple from a stall, the seller does not see it and you continue on your way. Did you steal the apple?

Reactions: eL_
To metaphor a little: you arrive at a fruit and vegetable market and you take an apple from a stall, the seller does not see it and you continue on your way. Did you steal the apple?
Good one... but what if you pay 33% upfront for that apple, you see that apple is not good... go to dumping place... where people dump things... get an apple for free from there... add some topping on it and test that apple for half day, and after you dump it. Is that to make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom