I'm done using Xenforo for any services... So many scammers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyphien

I'm now, officially 2 for 2 with using xenforo. First was @CypherForums which has a huge scandals going on right now. Hundred + down the drain with that. The next was something I honestly wasn't expecting, to have my work stolen. Long story short @Marian-Sebastian asked me for a logo for their new website. I did, they said they didn't want the text how it is and also to have the background removed. I asked them what type of font they were looking for and assured them the background and watermark would be removed upon the end sale. They said "Mate, keep that $10... I will make mine myself. Thank you." I then went to the website, and load and behold, what do I find??? My logo, poorly cut out on their website!
Left is my logo, the right is the logo on their website.
1634871618892.webp

1634871650272.webp

Funniest thing of all... the logo price is only $30, and they had a $10 down payment. The literally plagiarized and stole my logo to save $20!

I'm aware that services like this are at your own expense, and not monitored by Xf staff by any means. However, it's baffling that I've managed to get scammed twice in a row! Either I have bad luck, or there's just a lot of sketchy people here and I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. I'm honestly done using xf for any stuff like this, and for those who still do, please be careful. It's tough out here.

I stick to the top five resource providers.

If they can't do what you want they will recommend reliable people. Not scammers.

And yeah, proven thieves don't get any consequences.
Well, unless I'm reading this wrong, the second person was someone who had hired him, so he only got ripped off by one dev he hired....? Not sure how Xenforo would be protecting devs from the people hiring them....

The second person on the list is Ozzy. OzzModz. I'm with OzzModz. We didn't hire anyone for anything.
I'm confused. I didn't say anything about you hiring anyone, I was simply pointing out that the second person the OP was talking about was someone who hired him for work, not the other way around, so he really only got scammed by one dev. Wasn't sure you had copped on to that.

I'm confused. I didn't say anything about you hiring anyone, I was simply pointing out that the second person the OP was talking about was someone who hired him for work, not the other way around, so he really only got scammed by one dev. Wasn't sure you had copped on to that.
Ok. You quoted my post and in context, it seemed you were talking about the list.

I'm aware he got jobbed by a client. I wasn't addressing that.

By far the best security I've seen by a graphics provider is @JacquiiDesigns all her demos are heavily watermarked making it highly improbable for theft.
Yeah, I should have included heavier water marks but a lot of clients complain that it's hard to see the actual logo if I do so I dumbed it down... Guess I've learned my lesson...

I'm now, officially 2 for 2 with using xenforo. First was @CypherForums which has a huge scandals going on right now. Hundred + down the drain with that. The next was something I honestly wasn't expecting, to have my work stolen. Long story short @Marian-Sebastian asked me for a logo for their new website. I did, they said they didn't want the text how it is and also to have the background removed. I asked them what type of font they were looking for and assured them the background and watermark would be removed upon the end sale. They said "Mate, keep that $10... I will make mine myself. Thank you." I then went to the website, and load and behold, what do I find??? My logo, poorly cut out on their website!
Left is my logo, the right is the logo on their website.
View attachment 259024

View attachment 259025

Funniest thing of all... the logo price is only $30, and they had a $10 down payment. The literally plagiarized and stole my logo to save $20!

I'm aware that services like this are at your own expense, and not monitored by Xf staff by any means. However, it's baffling that I've managed to get scammed twice in a row! Either I have bad luck, or there's just a lot of sketchy people here and I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. I'm honestly done using xf for any stuff like this, and for those who still do, please be careful. It's tough out here.
You're not going to find any platform that doesn't have people who scam or offer low quality work or bad service. You're also always going to have issues with every platform with people attempting to scam you.

Before you have anyone do work, check them out and make sure they are capable of doing the work. Also make sure they're someone that is of somewhat good standing; even if they are of good be cautious as some people encourage people to astrofarm feedback for them. As Max said, look at the top resource providers and usually go with them; it won't be cheap, but you're guaranteed good work.

As far as doing work for others... It's a hard situation. If you're dealing in small amounts, you're more likely to get scammed. If you did that logo from scratch, you did well under what you should have charged even on Fiverr. The most you can probably do is report the guy that scammed you, and use any evidence that the actual work is yours (conversations + PSD/AI etc) and see if XenForo will do anything.

My experience with providing services here is from years ago, when the community was much different than it is now and that I personally never had an issue with someone trying to scam me out of my work. I also never personally have been scammed when doing paying services, but knew of several people who were in somewhat good standing who eventually abandoned people who had paid them for work and left me to clean up the mess.

You should also raise your prices... People who are willing to pay more are usually less likely to scam, especially if you get a down payment or use a service that guarantees you'll get paid before you release the work.

Yeah, I should have included heavier water marks but a lot of clients complain that it's hard to see the actual logo if I do so I dumbed it down... Guess I've learned my lesson...
She doesn't give an inch on that - even for me as a ten year trusted client.

I'm not aware of any watermarks that can't be removed, but not like I spend a lot of time researching that kind of thing, so there's maybe some method I'm not aware of. I suppose at the least it might stop the lazier thieves.

You might hit her up for some tips?

Not at all saying it's your fault you ran into a thief by the way. Far from it.

You should also raise your prices... People who are willing to pay more are usually less likely to scam, especially if you get a down payment or use a service that guarantees you'll get paid before you release the work.
I do semi-custom work, my company has access to thousands of assets that I alter so it's quicker, high quality, and I can charge a cheaper rate. I just don't feel right personally charging someone to high of a price since it's not done from scratch, though I do, do those services they're starting is $150-$300 for a small, basic logo made from scratch I personally don't like to promote that or do that as it's a lot more work for me and my S/O as she tends to be the artist when it comes to more in depth logos. Nonetheless, I've contacted Xenforo as well as their service provide (which also happens to be their domain provider) and put in a dmca request in. I just find it crazy, there's another forum topic talking about all of the people who have been scammed (of which Brogan tagged me in), it's crazy that there's so many people, and even "companies" that are just doing shady stuff on here to include clients as well.

She doesn't give an inch on that - even for me as a ten year trusted client.
Yeah, I'm going to just start doing that, having 90% of it as my logo at 60% opacity lol. It was at like 15% or something and clearly it didn't do anything as they didn't even edit out the watermark from the stolen logo and it's hardly noticeable

@Slavik I ask for a logo, The truth is that I didn`t have time to be online so much.... we deal for $30, I pay $10... he come out with a demo... and I ask if he can add a cat same like the dog, and the tails to be in heart shape, with the writing to be straight one line... he said that he can`t do that... I told him to keep that $10, and I will do it myself in Canva webpage.
Like you see... what I did, is not the same what he gave me... and that dog, you can easy get it from google.Screenshot(1).png

Last edited:
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom