I'll be right back - the xenForo Horror Club

Jethro

What ya watching, reading, or otherwise enjoying from the dark genre.

Let Me In - Very sombre vampire movie that's less about vampires and more about outsiders meeting each other and connecting. Remake of the Swedish movie Let The Right One In. Hammer is back!

I had a horror experience this morning. Driving to work, flipping stations, and I hear something that sounds like The Time Warp, but not. *******s (on a rock station nonetheless) were playing the Glee version. Almost had a heart attack! Sacrilege I tells ya! 35 years of RHPS down the tubes... Damn kids!

The_shining_heres_johnny.jpg

That should explain it :p

Watching The Shining all over again meself right now

Some personal favorites:

Alien
The Shining
The Thing
Aliens
The Exorcist
The Descent
Dawn of the Dead (1978 & 2004)
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
The Evil Dead
Evil Dead II
Army of Darkness
Halloween (1978)
28 Days Later...
28 Weeks Later
Saw
Drag Me to Hell
The Mist
The Ring
Friday the 13th (1968)
Scream
Cannibal Holocaust
Mirrors
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974 & 2003)
Wrong Turn
Shaun of the Dead
Young Frankenstein
Braindead
Zombieland
Planet Terror
Låt den rätte komma in (Let the right one in)

Going to watch Bad Taste this eve.

The Mist was awesome, the ending totally not what you expected. Love it.

Alien was the first horror I saw (14 or so at the time) and I was so so so scared. Classic.

Aliens - my alltime favourite. Just cannot get enough of this film and none of the subsequent films have come anywhere near Alien/Aliens. Tis such a shame.

Cannibal Holocaust, again a great film. At the time it was censored in the UK but still managed to watch it.

Actually that is a great list you have there :)

Surprisingly, and only because I'm meant to be reviewing it, we went with "New Moon" last night, the second of "The Twilight" movies.

The next generation lasted about ten minutes before he walked out mumbling something about "gay".

DF got another 15 minutes into it before erupting in laughter, declaring the movie to be the worse she has ever seen, and actually heading out to do some work.

I went another five minutes, to around about the time Bella is pretending to be a caterpillar or something on the forest floor, sorry wasn't really following the plot overly much, before having to admit defeat and changing over to Season 4 of Supernatural.

"Twilight: New Moon" - worse dark genre movie I've seen this year, and I didn't make it past the first act!

The_shining_heres_johnny.jpg

That should explain it :p

Watching The Shining all over again meself right now

Watch the Stephen King version for all sorts of bad LOL

Good weekend at the Box Office shaping up (estimates North America).

1. Saw VII - 9m, had a faint hope this one would tank. Can't see the $28m happening that was being claimed.

2. Paranormal Activity 2 - 5.8m, very solid hold there sub 50% drop on the cards.

Halloween night movie line-up folks, it can't all be about burning your neighbours' garage down because they didn't hand out treats.

Going with a vampire theme this year

- Reign In Darkness
- Kung Fu Vampire Killers
- Some True Blood Season 2 if people are still about.

Top Bottom