Add-on Ignore (specific) threads

CTXMedia

We have some large, long-running threads that small groups of people use - but which are of little interest to the rest of the community.

The regularly float to the top of the off-topic forum and it would be great if members who didn't want to read them could selectively ignore those threads and not see them in either in the forum view or in New Posts list.

Does anyone know of an add-on that would allow my members to ignore specific threads?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

PS. Our site is fairly large and busy so the add-on would need to be query/CPU friendly ... (y)

Didn't you pay for me to develop this @Clickfinity?

Nope. The one we developed was Ignore What's New? which gave members the ability to exclude selected forums from the What's New? search results.

This add-on - as per adjusted title - would allow members to ignore specific individual threads.

For example, in the Cafe forum at CycleChat we have some large, long-running threads that regularly sit at the top of the first page - but which are only read/used by a small number of people.

I'd like everyone else to be able to open those threads - click on Thread Tools - and then select Ignore this thread ... and for them to no longer appear on the forum view and in the New Posts list.

Cheers,

Nope. The one we developed was Ignore What's New? which gave members the ability to exclude selected forums from the What's New? search results.

This add-on - as per adjusted title - would allow members to ignore specific individual threads.

For example, in the Cafe forum at CycleChat we have some large, long-running threads that regularly sit at the top of the first page - but which are only read/used by a small number of people.

I'd like everyone else to be able to open those threads - click on Thread Tools - and then select Ignore this thread ... and for them to no longer appear on the forum view and in the New Posts list.

Cheers,
:D I'll release as free in XFRM when I have free time :D

Top Bottom