Lack of interest Ignore Signature

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Shelley

I wasn't sure whether i should create this in suggestions or xenforo discussions as it's more for to apply on xenforo.com but then if it was applied and implemented here it would be in the core so I'll suggest it here.

An option for users (like the ignore feature) to hide peoples signature on a per person basis. Atm the only way to block a signature on a per person basis is to block their account, this way users can block signatures without the need to resort to blocking accounts.

Hopefully we can see this implemented at some point in the future. Keep up the great work. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
IPB's implementation of this is excellent - an "x" appears to the right of a signature when you hover over it, giving you the option to ignore it from future posts by that member. That's the sort of discrete option I'd like to see here.

If something like that was added I would like to see the option to allow it for certain user groups. Then it could be used as an upgrade from the regular user group.

James

I saw this in the new threads list and thought it was a dupe thread...might be what you are looking for.
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/ignore-signatures.1916/

Nope. I'm not personally after an add-on since I'll be disabling signatures on my site. This was more for xenforo.com but since if they built such a feature they would more than likely build it in the core so I selected this area rather than the xenforo discussions forum to create this thread. (more info in first post of this thread)

Edit: Anyhow, I've made the suggestion and will leave it at that and if the devs decide it's worthwhile it's a bonus.

I think an X on hover of the signature allowing you to block individual signatures would be nice, sigs don't bug me but I can definitely see its usefulness

Although not ideal, you could do this via a custom user stylesheet on your browser. If it doesn't support it by default, there are plugins out there. (y) Only downside is it relies on usernames.
Code:
li[data-author="Russ"] .signature {
  display: none; 
}

Sorry, Russ, not actually ignoring your signature. You just had one in here that I could use to write it.

Although not ideal, you could do this via a custom user stylesheet on your browser. If it doesn't support it by default, there are plugins out there. (y) Only downside is it relies on usernames.
Code:
li[data-author="Russ"] .signature {
  display: none;
}

Sorry, Russ, not actually ignoring your signature. You just had one in here that I could use to write it.

I see how it is.... :D

Top Bottom