If we hire a developer not familiar with XenForo

gail

If we hire a developer who is not familiar with XenForo, will he have a long learning curve if we have him develop a XenForo theme for us that matches our website?

Will it be hard for him to know how to make the theme so that it can easily be updated when XenForo does updates or new versions?

We believe the developer to be good at his craft plus he has 16 years experience with many nice websites in his portfolio.

It's just a matter of playing around with it until you figure out what controls what. XenForo's style properties and templates aren't too different from vBulletin's, assuming that's where you're coming from.

If we hire a developer who is not familiar with XenForo, will he have a long learning curve if we have him develop a XenForo theme for us that matches our website?

Will it be hard for him to know how to make the theme so that it can easily be updated when XenForo does updates or new versions?

We believe the developer to be good at his craft plus he has 16 years experience with many nice websites in his portfolio.

From my personal experience I began from zero knowledge about any forum software, started first with xenforo and it took me about 3 months to understand it's whole functionality. (Including usage and how it works). Once you understand that its all easy.

Anyhow if your developer has good knowledge it might not be that hard for him ;)

Totally was writing the wrong reply at first... when someone says 'developer' I think someone who has the ability to extend Xenforo or build more on top of it through addons.

Theme Designers - people who make themes. ;)

We ran into a lot of designers who didn't want to bother learning how to build a custom design for Xenforo. If your designer has a good portfolio of Xenforo designs that can be seen publicly, then you should be in pretty good shape. (I think?)

I think if you get anyone that has a decent amount of experience with web design you shouldn't have much of an issue. I would say there is a little bit of a learning curve, but the system is about as easy to use as you can get for web design.

I think if you get anyone that has a decent amount of experience with web design you shouldn't have much of an issue. I would say there is a little bit of a learning curve, but the system is about as easy to use as you can get for web design.

Thank you! I've been playing around with the color palette and thinking maybe I'll try it myself. Of course, I won't be able to replicate the design, but I should be able to match the colors.

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful help at this pre-sales page. I've been a regular question box and people have all been very kind.

Top Bottom