Lack of interest If the cron task file do not exist, improve the error message

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Rigel Kentaurus

I have noticed that when I run a scheduled task, if the file is no longer there, it does not complain at all, but just gives me a "Task finished successfully" kind of message

It happened to me that I was reuploading some files and one was missing. I even ran the cron job manually and I only noticed because it was unusually fast. Probably a message stating that the file containing the cron job is not found would be better.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That's what i'm using in my dev tools to make debugging easier:

Class XenForo_Model_Cron

PHP:
    public function runEntry(array $entry)
    {
        if (XenForo_Application::autoload($entry['cron_class']) && method_exists($entry['cron_class'], $entry['cron_method']))
        {
            call_user_func(array($entry['cron_class'], $entry['cron_method']));
            return true;
        }
        else {
            $error = 'Cron file ' . $entry['cron_class'] . ' or method ' . $entry['cron_method'] . ' doesn\'t exist';
            XenForo_Helper_File::log('cronerrors', $error);
            return false;
        }
    }

instead of
PHP:
    /**
    * Runs the given entry if possible.
    * @param array $entry Info about cron entry
    */
    public function runEntry(array $entry)
    {
        if (XenForo_Application::autoload($entry['cron_class']) && method_exists($entry['cron_class'], $entry['cron_method']))
        {
            call_user_func(array($entry['cron_class'], $entry['cron_method']));
        }
    }
and in XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron
PHP:
public function actionRun()
    {
        $this->_checkCsrfFromToken($this->_input->filterSingle('_xfToken', XenForo_Input::STRING));

$entryId = $this->_input->filterSingle('entry_id', XenForo_Input::STRING);
        $entry = $this->_getCronEntryOrError($entryId);

if ($this->_getCronModel()->runEntry($entry)) // TODO: capture output or something more useful
        {
            return $this->responseMessage(new XenForo_Phrase('cron_entry_run_successfully'));

}
        else {
            throw new XenForo_Exception('no valid cronfile', true);
        }
    }

Top Bottom