XF 2.2 If my iOS users aren't getting notifications, what troubleshooting steps should be taken? (I don't have an iPhone)

fly

I'm on the latest version of XF. From what I've read, if you go into Safari and save the site to the Home Screen, you should get notifications. But that doesn't seem to be working in my case. I've no idea how to troubleshoot Apple devices. Suggestions?

I'm on the latest version of XF. From what I've read, if you go into Safari and save the site to the Home Screen, you should get notifications. But that doesn't seem to be working in my case. I've no idea how to troubleshoot Apple devices. Suggestions?
You would need to install it as an app to the home screen, then open it, log in as a user, then enable push notifications.

I'd get my hands on an iOS device and try it myself to first figure out if it's an issue with the site or an issue specific to the user. I'm assuming that hasn't happened yet because you mentioned that it's just based on "what you read".

Basically I'd try to narrow down where the failure is... like if push notifications at least work on Android devices, then it's not an issue with the push setup.

Like I said, figure out first if it's an issue for just that particular user or not. The you know if you should be looking at config/server issues on your end or if you just need to help them figure out why it's not working just for them (it only works on iOS 16.4 or higher for example). Without first knowing if it's a server issue or a user issue, it's going to be very difficult to try and sort out I think.

Top Bottom