I'd like to use my old speakers (of my old radio) for my computer.

Vincent

Hello everyone,

I'd like to use my Panasonic Speakers of my old radio for my PC (Windows 7 SP1 64-bit) but the wires are connected to my radio as shown on this picture:
IMG00060-20110423-1322.webp

It are 2 speakers, 1 speaker uses 4 wires. Now, I was wondering if there was a piece of software that converts those 8 wires to 1 input that I can insert in my PC.

I hope that you can help me because I need it badly :S

Thanks in advance,
Vincent

Unlike PC speakers there is no amplification from the speakers. The amplification would come from your hi-fi unit. So the answer is that unless you get a decent soundcard with its own amp inbuilt (usually an external soundcard) then you will get very very low volume if you do this. Its not simply a case of modifying wires.

It will never sound like it does on your hifi
unless you run a FX card or something just as good
An FX you will even struggle with. As far as I know there are none with a build in amp other than headphone amps which are not even close to what you are after.

An FX you will even struggle with. As far as I know there are none with a build in amp other than headphone amps which are not even close to what you are after.
I run a FX with my Leak2060 speakers runs just fine tho the FX is a top of the line one :)

Lol, I did it :D

Appearently everything at my Radio is broken but the AUX ports, so I just connected the AUX with my computer and it still works :P

One question springs to mind here? Are these shielded speakers, if not, will they be placed near your computer monitor. If yes, they do have to be proper shielded speakers designed for being placed near a monitor otherwise get ready to buy a new one soon because of magnetic distortion.​

One question springs to mind here? Are these shielded speakers, if not, will they be placed near your computer monitor. If yes, they do have to be proper shielded speakers designed for being placed near a monitor otherwise get ready to buy a new one soon because of magnetic distortion.​
My speakers are standing at the ground, my monitor is at my desk, there must be a 60-70cm distance between my monitor and speakers.

I guess that is enough? :)
Thanks for the advice though

Surely that only applies for CRTs?

I run a FX with my Leak2060 speakers runs just fine tho the FX is a top of the line one :)

Then either the FX has its own amp or it is quieter than they should be and Leak 2060's are build for an amp. (Sorry, sound geek LOL)

Lol, I did it :D

Appearently everything at my Radio is broken but the AUX ports, so I just connected the AUX with my computer and it still works :p

Thats the way to do it :D .... Glad you managed to use your amp. Have had this kind of setup before myself but use a couple of studiophile monitor speakers nowadays as its the way I can hear the detail during production to work out the rubbish LOL

LOL ... Which at the end of the day is what counts :D
They are used for the media pc in the front room (mainly because I need somewhere for them huge speakers) She is always trying to get me to bin them o_O .... She just don't understand Classics :D

Top Bottom