Icewind Wild Card [Deleted]

Lawrence

Lawrence submitted a new resource:

Icewind Wild Card - Options to display signatures per forum

Icewind Wild Card is the last in the squirrel collection. Wild Card was a chipmunk that would run through the backyard when One-Eyed Willie and Nut Job Jones was around. Most times he would stick to his well traversed path, but once in a while he would come into the gazebo, and once in a while all three would be inside at the same time. Not good. Mayhem.

This add-on is dedicated to Wild Card. He loved short-direct paths, so he would appreciate this add-on.

What it does: gives admins...

Read more about this resource...

Not working with UI.X signature options, damn.

Originally, I had the message template mod look for this:
<aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside>

I changed that to look for the surrounding div statement as well so that if you decided to not show a signature in a specific forum the result would be the same if the poster did not have a signature. You can try that if you do not mind entering development mode for a moment to make the following changes to the message modification:

HTML:
In the find block replace this:
<div class="baseHtml signature messageText ugc{xen:if $message.isIgnored, ' ignored'}"><aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside></div>

with this:
<aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside>

In the replace block, replace this:
<xen:if is="!{$forum.iwd_wc_hide_signature}">
    <xen:if is="{$forum.iwd_wc_show_button}">
        <div class="baseHtml signature messageText ugc{xen:if $message.isIgnored, ' ignored'}"><aside id="iwd-wc-{$messageId}" style="display: none;">{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside></div>
        <xen:include template="iwd_wild_card_button" />
    <xen:else />
        $0
    </xen:if>

With this:
<xen:if is="!{$forum.iwd_wc_hide_signature}">
    <xen:if is="{$forum.iwd_wc_show_button}">
        <aside id="iwd-wc-{$messageId}" style="display: none;">{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside>
        <xen:include template="iwd_wild_card_button" />
    <xen:else />
        $0

and hit save. The above should work.

Never mind, made the changes. Still not seeing anything. In 1 forum, I have these checked:

Do not display signatures in this forum
Display the show/hide button for signatures in this forum

But signatures still display, and there's no show/hide button.

It works in the default theme, but it's kinda different to how I imagined.
I thought it would be 1 button at the top to show/hide all signatures on the page, that's the most ideal.

It works in the default theme, but it's kinda different to how I imagined.
I thought it would be 1 button at the top to show/hide all signatures on the page, that's the most ideal.

It works on the default theme and my very heavily modified theme. I think theme and add-on developers should take the TMS into consideration and how their code and changes will affect other add-ons. Seems to me, most of them don't care. All my add-ons are coded to work with an unmodified XenForo, and as well checked against my site with most of my add-ons installed, they work.

I never considered adding a general show/hide button to cover all posts, because for me, I know I would never take the time to scroll up to click the button just to display signatures.

Top Bottom