I will pay you $150 if you ban this person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you joking? $150 for a ban is well worth it. Considering if your board is small (or even large for that matter) that single member is worth pennies, maybe a few dollars at most, if you were to calculate advertisement costs or membership signups (depending on the cost of your memberships).

I would have done it (as long as it wasn't a staff member or someone significant in the community).

No I didn't get that one yet but I do get offers where banned members want to buy premium membership so that they are allowed back on the forums. I actually did agree to do this with a few and sometimes it works and they start behaving. If not I at least have their money to compensate for the inconvenience.

I would probably tell them to go buy a xf license, put up their own site, and then they can perma-ban whoever the hell they want...:ROFLMAO: bribing to ban someone, how petty. The internet can be a funny place.

Are you joking? $150 for a ban is well worth it. Considering if your board is small (or even large for that matter) that single member is worth pennies, maybe a few dollars at most, if you were to calculate advertisement costs or membership signups (depending on the cost of your memberships).

I would have done it (as long as it wasn't a staff member or someone significant in the community).

If word got out that a forum called "Socially Uncensored" accepts ban bribes?

remind me to never stop at one of your forums...

No I didn't get that one yet but I do get offers where banned members want to buy premium membership so that they are allowed back on the forums. I actually did agree to do this with a few and sometimes it works and they start behaving. If not I at least have their money to compensate for the inconvenience.

I do this on my Minecraft server with a donate to be unbanned or unmuted, ofc in my TOS it clearly states donating doesn't give you special rights not to still abide by our rules.

I do this on my Minecraft server with a donate to be unbanned or unmuted, ofc in my TOS it clearly states donating doesn't give you special rights not to still abide by our rules.
I had that issue a few times with individuals online. People think that if they drop some donation money ($$$$) that they are some how privileged and superior.... And assume that they have more rights and "lee way" above everyone else.

It is kind of silly to watch.

I dunno....probably because I may be downsized for a one time payment at some point in the future.

Possibly, but most likely not. I do think this could be used as a way to keep the peace. Mike Edge mentioned he did something like this on his Minecraft server. We could put a cap, say a max of $10 to ban someone and in order for them to get unbanned, someone must pay the equal value of the ban. For example if someone banned john for $5, someone would have to pay $5 to unban him (the person being banned can also pay to get unbanned).

Negotiate with the member who is supposed to face the BAN. Give him $50 and Keep $100 with yourself.

And Ask him to re-register with different User Name. So, Earning continues . . . . . . .;)

No one has tried to bribe me to ban a member, but we *always* get attempted bribes from people wanting to have a thread deleted (usually someone posting a bad experience they had with a company or something). I've been offered thousands of dollars to delete a single thread before (I've never done it).

It's really comes down to do you want to sell the integrity of yourself/site for a few dollars?

I wouldn't do it. The member that is paying for the ban probably is in contact with the other member(or even knows them personally) and will just taunt him about how he was able to get him banned simply because he wanted to. The banned member probably may come back trolling just to spread the word of how much of a sell out the forum is. Either way, the word will eventually get out.

Now this is an idea... Thinking of an "Unban Me" button dead center on the banned members pages linking to pp donate. If they are paying to get back on, to me it sounds like that would be a big enough motivation to acknowledge previous mistake, behave and contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom