I want to show recent thread on the from page of Xenforo

Hello Jake,

We don't want to show all the recent activity on the font page just the title of the recent thread that is been started in any forum.

You can check the example here: http://www.inkthemes.com/supportforum/
Check Latest Discussion.

If someone reply on any thread then it will automatically come on the top of the font page.

Or

How you people manage your support forum, If someone start a new thread in any forum, then how will you track them or someone reply to old thread then how will you get to know about that.

Thanks
Pankaj Agarwal

forumservices_1330182649420-png.26306

Jake's suggestion does the above ... "Recent Threads".
Is that what you want ?

I bought the Recent Threads extension, but it doesn't solves my issue.

I want to list the Threads in the order of the latest Reply happened ?

For Example:

Lets say there are 20 Threads, The Thread on Which the latest Reply happened shows on top.
Right now, this extension shows the threads in the order of when it was started, it doesn't count the latest replied threads.

Hello Digital Doctor,
Thanks for all your help till now on my threads. I really appreciate that very much.
DigitalDoctor, I want to know since lots of users in the Xenforo are asking support questions on different Forum and creating different new threads and replying to existing threads and so on. How do you track all those newest Threads which are created and how do you manage all those recent threads which requires to be answered.
I am asking this because, I am running a Support Forum myself for our WordPress based Products and I want to know how you guys handle questions in a well managed way and are able to answer users quickly.

I bought the Recent Threads extension, but it doesn't solves my issue.

I want to list the Threads in the order of the latest Reply happened ?

For Example:

Lets say there are 20 Threads, The Thread on Which the latest Reply happened shows on top.
Right now, this extension shows the threads in the order of when it was started, it doesn't count the latest replied threads.

That would be an easy thing to do. I received your pm about this and I responded back with the edits you need to do to achieve this.

That would be an easy thing to do. I received your pm about this and I responded back with the edits you need to do to achieve this.

Hello Borbole,

Thanks for your help, But it is not working correctly. We do not want to arrange the thread on the basis of reply count but most recent reply happened show on top.

I have made some change in the query but it is not working fine. Can you please help me out to correct the query.

PHP:
SELECT thread.*, user.*,
forum.title AS node_title, forum.node_id AS node_id
FROM xf_thread AS thread
LEFT JOIN xf_user AS user ON (user.user_id = thread.user_id)
LEFT JOIN xf_node as forum ON (forum.node_id = thread.node_id)
WHERE NOT ISNULL(thread.thread_id) $exclindexforums
AND thread.discussion_state = 'visible'
AND user.is_banned = 0
ORDER BY thread.last_post_date desc

Thanks
Pankaj

Hello Borbole,

Thanks for your help, But it is not working correctly. We do not want to arrange the thread on the basis of reply count but most recent reply happened show on top.

I have made some change in the query but it is not working fine. Can you please help me out to correct the query.

PHP:
SELECT thread.*, user.*,
forum.title AS node_title, forum.node_id AS node_id
FROM xf_thread AS thread
LEFT JOIN xf_user AS user ON (user.user_id = thread.user_id)
LEFT JOIN xf_node as forum ON (forum.node_id = thread.node_id)
WHERE NOT ISNULL(thread.thread_id) $exclindexforums
AND thread.discussion_state = 'visible'
AND user.is_banned = 0
ORDER BY thread.last_post_date desc

Thanks
Pankaj

What you describe it looks like you want a recent post type of situation so whenever a new post is made it updates the threads where the latest post is made. That is something else and it would be best done as an apart mod.

This mod will update the thread box anytime a new thread is created and not when a new post is made. See the difference?

Top Bottom