XF 2.2 I upgraded to v2.2.10 Patch 1 and install folder can be accessible

KhanTastic

Hi friends,

I just renewed my XF license so that I can upgrade my site with the latest version.

I upgraded my site to the latest version v2.2.10 Patch 1 without issues, after upgrading I could see an error in my dashboard about a chat plugin which I had was older version. So I tried to uninstall that chat plugin via my site admin panel and my site got broken. Then I reuploaded all the upgrade files again and ran again installation.

Then my site was still broken, so via FTP I uploaded again that chat plugin files and ran the installation, the installation worked fine, now my site looks all okay, of course that chat plugin I am not using and is disable. But the problem is even as a guest when I visit to the install page mydomain.com/install then the guest can also run the installation. Which is very strange, it looks like that to a guest as below screenshot

22.webp

and when a guest user clicks on Begin installation then the next page looks like below screenshot

333.webp

Its very risky now for my site, however when I go back to my forum or admin side, all work fine, what I should do now please. Can I delete the complete install folder or rename it? What I should do no, please help.

Cheers

I have just checked your site and it appears to be functioning as designed now.

The /install route prompts me to log in to the upgrade system.

If you have not changed anything then most likely there was some outdated server caching responsible.

I have just checked your site and it appears to be functioning as designed now.

The /install route prompts me to log in to the upgrade system.

If you have not changed anything then most likely there was some outdated server caching responsible.
Thanks a lot for your time spending on visiting my site, much appreciated.

I don't know what to do, will spend time again on my site to figure out. Right now km traveling, typing from phone.

Hope I would be able to solve that issue.

Top Bottom