I think we need a "My Resources" page

Joeychgo

After more then a decade at vb, I find the resources section missing something I think is crucial. \

When you DL a resource, why is there seemingly no record of it so you can easily find it and go back to it? vB.org has this, and I cant understand why something similar wasn't incorporated here?

Just my .02

Yeah, I know. But that doesn't differentiate between what I have and what I just want to keep an eye on.

I guess you are talking about "Collections" or "Bookmarks", where you could put your favourite Resources or Threads into custom folders ?

Reactions: RDR
No, I think he means a page where if a Resource is marked, say.... "Installed", it will appear on a page with other modifications that are "Installed".

No, I think he means a page where if a Resource is marked, say.... "Installed", it will appear on a page with other modifications that are "Installed".
That would be a start/improvement though you can get that list of installed addons within your own board (which is what a staff member here will say soon :)).

That would be a start/improvement though you can get that list of installed addons within your own board (which is what a staff member here will say soon :)).

There is a problem with that list. Some of the addons name is a link through to the actual resource, some aren't.

Ok, is this suggestion for here at Xenforo. com, or for just the Resource Manager in general?

It's been moved. I wouldn't want it in the Resource Manager overall, but do like the suggestion for this site.

The thread was originally posted in the main suggestions forum and it was then moved to the resource manager suggestions forum.

As it has now been clarified that it is for this site only, I have moved it to general feedback, which is for suggestions related to this site only.

It could be done with a custom user field I suppose, with the list then being available under the Information tab.

On vb.org, if you download a mod, the mod is automatically listed in a downloads section in your profile. If you click install, then the mod is on you "installed" list.

This also tracks how many downloads and installs each mod has, and you can then search for most installed mods. Kind of a gauge of popularity

That's not possible here as resources can be hosted externally, which is definitely the case with paid resources.

The two sites are not comparable in how they operate as all add-ons on vb.org are free and hosted there.

Top Bottom