I snagged a cool name for my personal site but which of these two should I use?

Alternadiv

I've been wanting to mess around with a personal site as more of a way to relax in my free time. I don't really need this site for regular work so I'll probably just use it for experimenting.

I've been trying to pick a name that isn't taken. I live in my truck + camper while traveling North America so I wanted to work that in.

To my surprise, driftingdev.com was available. Even more surprising, drifting.dev was available too, for only $12. I got them both. I think the drifting.dev hack is pretty cool but I've always been pretty firm on using a .com as the main domain.

However, since this site isn't that important, which of the two would you use? Maybe it would have some visitors eventually. Should I just stay vanilla with the .com?

Drifting sounds more like the racing style to me but you can brand it more as drifter with the logo and imagery.
I didn't even think about this but you're right about the logo and imagery taking care of that. Plus, like I said, I doubt I'll ever have visitors to the site.

Side note: I tried wanderingdev.com but it wanted $1,500 for that so I thought about what my future would be if I spent $1,500 on a domain (worth $10) that I'll never use and I ended up passing on this one.

I like drifting dev, I can even picture some cool imagery for the header. A map with a truck icon on it representing "you" but instead of dots and dotted lines the map has code. Like I said the imagery will pull it together.

I like drifting dev, I can even picture some cool imagery for the header. A map with a truck icon on it representing "you" but instead of dots and dotted lines the map has code. Like I said the imagery will pull it together.
That actually sounds killer. I'm gonna try that.

I've been on a kick for finding modern websites that intentionally use an early 2000s design. I'm not a huge fan of modern web design where every site looks the same.

1623166710873.png

The Wild West of the internet was so much more interesting and personal. Yeah, it wasn't always user friendly or following the "rules" like we do nowadays, but it was fun. Everything is so cookie cutter now.

I'm messing with making this new drifting.dev appear old school since, you know, it's my site that has no particular purpose yet, lol.

1623166860665.png

Check out that "logo", @beerForo 😁

Top Bottom