I screwed up... password for database changed and now the Wordpress blog is unavailable on my site

PatriotGB

I have wordpress installed on my site for a blog. Then I have xenforo installed in its own folder.

I thought I had a security exposure, so I changed the database password on my "cPanel." And now when I try to access the Wordpress section of my site, I get this:
"Error establishing a database connection."

How can I correct this? Thanks!

ETA: The blog seems to be back. So, where in the XenForo ACP is the sql database info at (if there at all)?

What is the purpose of the MySQL database password in the cPanel?

Thanks! Sorry for the noob questions.

XF stores the MySQL database credentials in the src/config.php file.

They must match whatever is configured on the server - the user and password for the DB.

I expect WordPress will also have a config file of some sort which performs the same function.

I expect WordPress will also have a config file of some sort which performs the same function.
It does, and it's typically in the root of the WP install and called wp-config.php
the parameters in the config are
DB_USER
DB_PASSWORD

What is the purpose of the MySQL database password in the cPanel

To secure the database with a password?
You should use complex passwords for your DB connections. And then you have to set those passwords in the appropriate config files (which you have been given the names and locations of in earlier comments).
cPanel simply offers you a simple interface to mySQL to set those passwords most likely (I haven't done much with cPanel i over 5 years).

Top Bottom