I really think xenforo should improve the speed on mobile platform

realaqu

after I tried new burning board 4.0, although I have no complaints on xenforo desktop version, but on mobile phone, too slow, Burning board use responsive design too but make me feel in a totally different world. can xenforo improve the performance on mobile platform on next release?

or can you make your own version app for iOs and android?
tapatalk, no good,
xenforo responsive design, almost useless, nobody wanna use it on mobile phone.
forumrunner, no more support new version of xenforo

Honestly, I spent two weeks over Christmas exclusively using my own XenForo-powered site (which is much heavier, asset-wise, than the official site), and XenForo.com and never noticed any difference in speed between it and the desktop version. I've even used it on a slightly dodgy and quite slow 3G connection in rural England and it seems to work as fast as any other site would.

Not to say that I wouldn't always appreciate performance improvements - and indeed, I know the XenForo developers are always trying to improve the speed of their software. But I don't think it's really a major issue.

just my personal feeling, I did a few test on google speed insight, and web page speed test, on my iPhone 5s LTE network, almost no difference, but on my old iPhone 4s, the difference is huge.

Last edited:
just my personal feeling, I did a few test on google speed insight, and web page speed test, on my iPhone 5s LTE network, almost no difference, but on my old iPhone 4s, the difference is huge.
Have you tested your PC on the same connection your iPhone 4S was on? Obviously, slower connection, slower downloads... XenForo doesn't produce a huge amount of output, though. I always found browsing on an iPhone 4 and a slightly dodgy 3G connection fine, or at least no worse than everything else..

Have you tested your PC on the same connection your iPhone 4S was on? Obviously, slower connection, slower downloads... XenForo doesn't produce a huge amount of output, though. I always found browsing on an iPhone 4 and a slightly dodgy 3G connection fine, or at least no worse than everything else..
actually I tested all of them, the most important thing on a smart phone is speed, xenforo is pretty slow compared with vb4.2 mobile style, ipb3, burning board4, btw, I installed all of them on my server, even with CDN support from MAXCDN, xenforo mobile is still much slower than other three I mentioned above.

I usually use this site and google page speed insights to do my test
http://www.webpagetest.org

Because XenForo UI is Responsive and not as a separate Mobile Theme.
Responsive meaning, automatically adjust on browser's width.
So XenForo just hide certain elements/div/block to better serve mobile devices.

In short, the desktop version or mobile view of XenForo is the same.
Only difference on Mobile, some elements are just hidden or change via css but all data's are actually loaded the same as desktop view.

Because XenForo UI is Responsive and not as a separate Mobile Theme.
Responsive meaning, automatically adjust on browser's width.
So XenForo just hide certain elements/div/block to better serve mobile devices.

In short, the desktop version or mobile view of XenForo is the same.
Only difference on Mobile, some elements are just hidden or change via css but all data's are actually loaded the same as desktop view.
you can try burning board 4, they use the same idea but it runs really fast both on desktop and mobile, wish xenforo team either make their own app or redesign mobile
style. we switched from discuz to ipb then xenforo, now I have to face numours complaints from forum member about this issue.

Reactions: rdn
Xenforo - Woorank.com - tested my site - mobile results - very slow - my host?

View attachment 64797
as I said, if you are on high speed network, xenforo performs very good, especially after turning on CDN service, but on mobile device, say 3g, xenforo is behind vb3, vb4, ipb, burning board4, but both burning board 4 and xenforo use responsive design, you can compare these two

K that site was wack. Wanted me to have to sign in to try again. I found another site. http://ready.mobi

My site scored low there. And I can run as many tests as I want.

Top Bottom