I need to allow the members to donate to my forum via PayPal - how?

I have the need to allow members to donate to a PayPal account to support the annual ISP fees for my forum. I thought this was possible, but I don't know how to set it up or turn it on. I DON'T want to have them "pay for extra content" or something like that. Everyone always gets full access. I just need to allow them to click a link and donate. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!!

Reactions: OCC
User upgrades

User upgrades are one of the monetization options included in XenForo. This system allows your users to purchase increased access or access to additional features on your forum.

When a user purchases an upgrade, they will be added to one or more user groups. You would configure these groups to have additional permissions or provide access to additional areas of the forum.

To setup a user upgrade, you must first setup a payment profile via Setup > Payment profiles. These profiles define how the payment will be processed and received. Once a payment profile is defined, the user upgrade can be configured, including options surrounding cost, duration, and whether the upgrade is automatically extended.

Users can purchase upgrades from the Account upgrades page listed under the account menu.

Source: https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/users/#user-upgrades

AndyB, understood. I'd read that right after switching over from vB. But I have no "accounts" that they can "upgrade" to. The payment profile is already set up however. I just need an alternate way to utilize it.

Reactions: OCC
AndyB, understood. I'd read that right after switching over from vB. But I have no "accounts" that they can "upgrade" to. The payment profile is already set up however. I just need an alternate way to utilize it.
Just use the "upgrade" group in name only, you don't need to change anything with the secondary user group. You could, for example, create a user group called "Supporters" with all of the default options (just create the "Supporters" user group, don't change any of the permissions of the group) and then have a few XF Subscriptions available that adds them to that group. Instead of a one-time PayPal donation you could have, for example, a recurring XF subscription of $5 every month or $50 every year or something else and of course you can do one time non-recurring subscriptions. It'd be up to you then to decide if you want to take advantage of the "Supporters" user group by displaying any additional user titles for them or giving them any extra options but that isn't required.

Top Bottom