I need some feedback from my fellow forum owner friends here at XenForo

still not a fan of the gradients....not sure who at xenforo decided the white text on a light blue background with a white gradient(sub-nav bar) would standout on mobile. Personally it makes me have to zoom in to find the "recent post", "new posts" and other links. Can't tell the links apart without having to zoom in. ...then again I could be going blind.

I would also re-size the images used to link to the various forums when on mobile. And did they have a clearance sale at videohive that I missed ;)

Thanks again for the ideas. I'm learning everyday.

Your funny.... no you did not miss the sale because there wasn't one. I just had to go out and find the deals.

Just doing what I can to get the message out.... just spraying and praying.

Thanks Again :)

Digital Doctor,

I took your advice and removed the social links on the actual thread page and added a "Add This" button, which makes way more sense.

Thanks for getting me to re-think that :)

As far as showing followers... Twitter does not have a counter anymore on their buttons... and I do not want to keep updating the count. I think I'll just leave those alone for now. But I will keep your idea in mind.

SCRATCH ****************************************************************************************

Okay, I started the whole site over again. I kept the data, but did a complete reinstall with a new theme, new features and a lot more.. new fun for everyone.

The site is secure and quick... and hopefully you'll all say.. easy to use. But that is up to you.

So, can we do this again?... I need some feedback from my fellow forum owner friends here at XenForo.

How does the site look, feel and run from your perspective.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Click Here for My Site

Cheers :)

Love the look of the site and the topic of course :)

However I feel mislead as a potential member when you state here that your twitter account has already 50,000 members while you know that's not really true. A simple look at your followers shows 99,999% fake Indian accounts, no retweets, no engagement etc whatsoever.

Don't make things prettier than they are by artificially boosting numbers with (bought?) fake accounts. A good site is about great content and a sitename people will remember. The name is awesome but the first content I encounter looks fake and misleading.

Love the look of the site and the topic of course :)

However I feel mislead as a potential member when you state here that your twitter account has already 50,000 members while you know that's not really true. A simple look at your followers shows 99,999% fake Indian accounts, no retweets, no engagement etc whatsoever.

Don't make things prettier than they are by artificially boosting numbers with (bought?) fake accounts. A good site is about great content and a sitename people will remember. The name is awesome but the first content I encounter looks fake and misleading.

Bram,

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad that you like the topic. Maybe we can help each other out someway considering the similarities. I love doing business with like minded individuals and I mean this.

As far as your twitter concern... I can't help who follows us and I do not have any problem what so ever with getting followers from India or elsewhere. The more the merrier. However, I'm happy and feel fortunate to be getting the followers. I'm not in charge of Twitter. I am as surprised as you are and that is why I mentioned it in the post. Thanks for asking, but that was offensive. I don't buy fake anything, I just spend a lot of time on my site, international marketing and supporting the public and then members that come our way. You should follow us on twitter, we would love to have you. We are at 53,291 give or take a couple dozen+ everyday... up or down. It comes and goes.

Anyways... enough said :)

Last edited:
Much better...my fat thumb now doesn't hit 2links as it did before on mobile. hmmm....theme looks very familiar lol.

Much better...my fat thumb now doesn't hit 2links as it did before on mobile. hmmm....theme looks very familiar lol.

Thanks OUTL4W, I'm actually super glad that you like it!

You're actually one of the people and reasons why I decided to go with a complete make-over. I did go with the responsive option and the Flat Awesome+ theme ( that you recommended and is so nice to work with ), which totally makes sense. So thank you very much, I appreciate the feedback.

Anyways, cheers and thank you.

Is Classifieds section a modded XFMG?

Sorry, I didn't get back to you sooner. I was out for a ride on the motorcycle before winter sits in. Boy, I love nice days on the bike!

Anyways.. sorry about that.

Yes, our classifieds section is a highly modified XFMG. It wasn't cheap or easy, but I had to have it for the site. Don't be shy... post something. ;)

Better yet, I've got a great programmer that does work for me. I can pass you his name if you message me or... actually you better give me your info and I'll pass it to him. I don't want to be giving out his info without his permission. However, I'm sure that he would love the business. And... since he has been through it once, he will probably be able to get it done pretty quick. No guarantees although.

Only stipulation is, you have to tell me that I referred you. :p And then you too can have a classifieds section from a highly modified XFMG. Let me know.

Cheers

Last edited:
Looks fantastic! Extremely elegant and professional ;)

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the positive feedback. Sometimes I think the theme might be too elegant for my site's demographic, but everyone seems to like it thus far.

Anyways, thanks a lot. Love to check your site as well.

Cheers

Last edited:
I love the look and layout of the site... did you use a theme or re style the default?

your layout is 90% what i'd like to achieve with my xenforo installation! Any pointers?

I love the look and layout of the site... did you use a theme or re style the default?

your layout is 90% what i'd like to achieve with my xenforo installation! Any pointers?

Hello Karl Goddard,

Thank you very much. I appreciate the kind words.

Yes, I did use a different theme other than the theme that came with the base installation of xenForo. The theme that I am using is Flat Awesome+ found here:

https://pixelexit.com/demo/?theme=Flat Awesome Plus (Highly recommended theme and company. A+)

However, this Flat Awesome+ theme has been modified to look somewhat like the Bliss theme from a different company:

http://www.audentio.com/demo/xf/index.php

As far as pointers... you've gotta have lots of patience, ask lots of questions, don't get frustrated and never stop until your users/ members start saying great things about that direction that you're going. Remember, it's not about you, it's about them.

To help you get your theme close/ closer to the theme on my site, I have a very good programmer that can help you get there. Message me personally with your contact information and I'll be happy to pass your information along to him.

Good luck my friend :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom